cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backflushing consignment inventory in Repetitive - MFBF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am using MFBF to backflush. There is a component C1 which is managed as consignment inventory under unrestricted stocks. When I go the component screen tab in MFBF and try to select the batch it does not show the cosigned inventory batch. Am I missing something here. How do I backflush C1 from consigned inventory?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

Try using Consignment Special Procurement key for the material in the Material Master MRP2 view.

Regards,

Prasobh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I wonder if you managed to solve this issue in MFBF...Can you share your findings, please?

Thanks, AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more way to do is

first convert consigment stock to own stock and then issue

Transferring Consignment Material Into Own Stock

Supposing you agreed with the vendor that after six months you will take over ownership of the remaining consignment stock. To do this, carry out the following goods movement:

Procedure

1.Choose Goods movement  Transfer posting. The initial screen appears.

2.Enter the plant and storage location. Choose Movement type -->Transfer posting -->Consignment --> Consignment to own. (Movement type 411 with special stock indicator K)

3.Select Continue. The collective entry screen appears.

4.Enter the vendor, material, and quantity. Only enter a receiving storage location if the material should be stored in another storage location.

5.Post the document.

6. Normal MFBF

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

one of the best ways to backflush the consignment inventory is to use Stock determiantion Strategy.

Create the Stock determinatiion group, rule and assign the stock type "K" and storagelocation and priority in the details screen. Transaction OSPX.

Now assign the Stock determation group to the material master MRP2 view for the component (C1).

Now the GI will take place from Consignment stock for the material C1 while backflushing.

Hope this helps

BR

SK

close the thread if helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using the stock determination rule as specified by you. I have assigned the rule to component C1 in MRP 2 view. When I do MFBF and do a pull down to select batches for component C1 it still does not show the consignment stock. Am i missing something here.

thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

As I am aware it may not be possible...you cannot issue consignment stock directly in MFBF, yes it is possible in MB1a, but MB1a is not allowed for REM...

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Please check the following

You must define the stock determination strategy and the necessary parameters in Customizing for Stock Determination.

Stock determination Group, Stock determination Rule then Stock type, storage location and priority

For example

SDG Z001, the SDRule Z001 then for this combination define the consumption.

Example K( stock Type) St01(SLOC) 1(priority)

You must assign a Stock DETEMINATION RULE in the REM profile of the assembly.

You must assign the STOCK DETERMINATION GROUP to the component in the material master record (MRP2 or Plant data).

please ensure the above and check and come back if you still face the problem

BR

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganeshan,

Have you tried it in your system?

It is working for production order. But did you try for REM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try the concept of stock determination through pull list and stagging. you can automiae what I told in my earlier communication.

here is the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/5f/1faba54aee11d189740000e8322d00/frameset.htm