cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Max DB and Oracle DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For those who are familiar with Max DB and Oracle DB.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Max DB compared to Oracle DB? Which one will you recommend

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolph,

would you please send me any comparisons you've got about MaxDB vs. Oracle?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you

best regards

Abdel

0 Kudos

Dear Rudolph

Kindly also send me the comparsion and links to your blogs

at nauman85@gmail.com

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Can I get a copy of this document too?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I get this as well? Thanks!

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolph,

I've just sent you an email concerning your request.

UPDATE:

apparently the emailaddress you specified is incorrect, as the email bounced. Could you please specify your correct emailaddres?

Regards,

Roland

Message was edited by: Roland Mallmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roland,

I would be glad as well to receive this e-mail as we are currently evaluating MaxDB vs Oracle.

Rgds

Frédéric

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Frédéric,

sent you the mail yesterday.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please send the comparison to me ?

Many thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Any chance you could send me the latest comparison details you have on MaxDB vs Oracle?

Thanks

Shaun Wimpory

joe_ledesma
Participant
0 Kudos

Roland,

I would likewise be very interested in receiving this comparison.

Thank you,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I am interested in your comparison of MAXDB and Oracle.

Can you send me what you have?

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I am interested in the comparison of MAXDB and Oracle too.Can you send me what you have?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I am interested in the comparison of MAXDB and Oracle too.Can you send me what you have?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I am also interested , can you send me this email

to hkaufmann@esselte.com

thank you

horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Would I be able to get a copy of this document too?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Hi, why don't you publish the document and send us the url link?. I'm very interested on this information too.

Thanks.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to recommend you the MAXDB document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/acdfea90-0201...

Please also review the MAXDB information & documents at:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/maxdb

&&

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/maxdb

Message was edited by: Roland Mallmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Any chance you could send me the latest comparison details you have on MaxDB vs Oracle and DB2?

My e-mail: hector.velasquez@bauxilum.com.ve

Thanks

Hector Velasquez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know this is a very old thread to post a reply.

But the information that was passed on emails to everyone is very crucial for me at present.

Roland it would be a real pleasure if you could please send that comparison paper to me or publish it here.

We need the comparision before we migrate from MaxDB to Oracle.

Many Thanks,

Rushabh

Oracle DBA

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rushabh,

sounds like you've already taken your decision... so what kind of comparison do you actually want?

If you want one to support this decision - better ask somebody from Oracle

I'm doing support now for both Oracle and MaxDB for over 5 years, I write blogs about Oracle and MaxDB and even on the differences (check my 'mind the gap' mini series if you like.../people/lars.breddemann/blog) and still I find that there is no way to have a compelling comparison of the two databases.

In fact - it's pretty hard to come up with a way to compare any two databases at all without resorting to superficial stuff and feature checklists.

Instead it would be better if you would ask: "Will Oracle/MaxDB/MS SQL Server ... - whatever DBMS - do for us what we need it to do?"

For different usage pattern you will always find arguments for one DBMS and against the other.

E.g. if you want to have low maintenance fees and efforts, than take MaxDB; if you want to be able to tune every little bit of performance and adapt the database in any thinkable way, take Oracle and so on.

If you're happy with Oracle - great. If you're running fine with MaxDB - also: great!

For SAP Systems both options are supported and SAP will help you with both choices to get the best out of it.

For both choices you'll find a small, medium, large and 'beyond-large' installations.

For both choices you'll find very sucessfull installations and also very unsuccessfull installations.

So, tell us: what do you want to do with your database? Then we can tell you how you should do it with either Oracle or MaxDB.

regards,

Lars