cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting change in MIGO with BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have several materials that have BOM's and both the components and the BOM material are stored in the same warehouse. The BOM's are simple kits that are manually assembeld or taken apart in the warehouse. I cant figure out how SAP should handel this assembling, i cant find any way other than a production order, and PP is not used in this system. I would like to use MIGO to do a posting change from the components to the BOM material. But i cant find any way to do multiple material to one material posting change only one to one.

Does any of the gurus have any hints or tricks or is it a PP order and implementation of PP that solves it.

in advance thanks

Regards

Ivar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answares, but i found what seems be a possible way, MB1B and posting with reference to BOM, but then i have problems with the movmenttype. I choose Transfer posting and Create with reference to BOM. There i put in my BOM material and mvt type 309 transferposting, but it pulls the correct materials and amount from stock but it adds to many of my bom material, it does not take the numbers of pcs in the BOM. My bom material contains of 2 materials each of 2pcs. With 309 it removes 2 pcs of each component and i want it to add only 1 pc of my bom material, but it adds 4 pcs. It posts each component sepratly it seems. I realize that 309 probably is not the correct mvt type, but which one is?

Ivar

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivar,

309 is a highly restricted movement type for any client as this can affect the inventory values and book figures drastically.

For example:

Material A costs $1

Material B costS $100

In this scenario if I convert 100 nos of Materail A which had a inventory value of $1x100=$100 into Material B then the Inventory value just goes as $100x100 = $10,000.

I will never recommend 309 movement for any regular use for users.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice we have ended up using 201 and 202 for this movment, we either remove with reference to bom and then do a reverse posting for the bom material only. Or the other way around we remove the bom material and do a reverse posting with reference to the bom material. Since the pricing on the bom material and the components are 1:1 the changes in the cost center is zero.

thanks

Ivar

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivar,

Simple PP order should do the trick. Hey I think we can also look to use the Subcontracting option for this.

Probably we can create a dummy plant which can also be the vendor for tracking purpose, so when ever you need to Issue the BOM Material create a subcontracting PO and the components gets copied from the BOM (Create BOM with usage a Production). The additional work here is that we need to make provision for Vendor using transaction ME2O or MB1B with 541 movement type. Once you make a GR BOM material is posted to Inventory and Components are consumed from Vendor stock through 543 movement.

Hope this gives you some insight as what is possible.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivar,

When you creating BOM take one material take sub item, category group ERLA

dont create stock on sub itemsthat take main material only in PO then automatically sub materials will displayed and also no value

you can do main material through GR also

Hope this helps you

Prem.