cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove # from BEx Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

Can anyone please let me know how to eliminate the # values from the BEx report.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I want to tell you one solution to remove '#" in the reporting level.

Go to InfoSource -> click on the field for which you are getting '#' in transfter rule

-> Select Formula -> create Formula as follows.

If (InfoObject = ' ', ' . ',InfoObject)

This means while loading the data from the source system, it will check that if there is any space for that InfoObject, place as Space otherwise place same InfoObject.

Regards

Rajesh

sri_pamarthi
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

it is Really a helpful post and I can able to use the above logic for a characteristic, is the same logic works for key figure is well?

THanks & regards

P Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Could you please let me know how you have solved I want to treplace the # values with Space in the report

How can this be done

Thanks

SVR

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you see this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the report global filters keep the infoobject for which the # values need to be removed. Keep the retriction as Exclude # values

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within the filter area for the object bring across the # and right click, select exclude from selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram/Lewsey,

Thanks for your quick reply,

I don't want to exclude them from report. I want to replace # value with space/NULL.

I think you got what my requirement is.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure you can do this within the query, you can remove them using some VB within excel.

Sub SAPBEXonRefresh(queryID As String, resultArea As Range)

'Find the Cells in Result Area and Change them

resultArea.Replace What:="#", Replacement:=" ", LookAt:= _

xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=True

End Sub

Try and see if it meets requirement.

Message was edited by:

Stuart Lewsey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to go into RSA1, go to the infoobject that has the # value you want to change, and change the text on it to whatever you want it to say by choosing "Maintain Master Data". Doing this you can make the # be whatever text you wish it to be in the query.

Cheers,

Rusty