cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBL5n layout question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In FBL5N report , we have a option to select the layout. My one user has a different set of layout options avilable where another user has different sets of layout. I want to set the default layout for a particular user . can some one shed some light on the layout option. Can it be copied or how to set the default for a user.

Thanks

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

2 things to consider here.

1 there is a global layout, this is the one you want to select to give to all users.

You can set this in FBL5N via environment, select layout

Check which users have access to create global layouts, ask the security expert to find the correct authorization and run a report to see who can set this, you dont want all users to be able to set this.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can ask the user to log in and run FBL5N. Change the layout and give a name like Zusername and click on user sepcific icon.

The layout name shall not start on '/'. It has to start on an alphabet. Give name as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want a specific user to use allways the same layout you can specify such layout for each user using accounting editing options (FB00) in tab line items and then selecting a layout for G/L default selection screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

Seems this is what I am looking for. Can you elaborate how to name the layout

?

Thanks

Satya

You can ask the user to log in and run FBL5N. Change the layout and give a name like Zusername and click on user sepcific icon.

The layout name shall not start on '/'. It has to start on an alphabet. Give name as well.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is going to be a user-specific layout, he/she can name it as they like, no restriction. Can be like e.g ZSMITH, CAROL or ARREPORT etc.

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Satya,

each user can only set up for herself the defalut layout (I mean her default). On the other hand layouts are user specific: if a user cerates a new layout, she can set up as user specific, it means only she will see it and no one else.

hope this helps

ec