cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance problems with "select filter values" in the web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

our users keep complaining about the performance when selecting filter values in the web.

So far I did the following without success:

- Change booked_values from Q to M and blank in the webtemplate

- Change readmode of the info objects to "master data table"

- Change readmode of the cubes (4 similar) and the multiprovider.

- I read several notes regarding this issue with out success.

When I tested this I expected to see master data when I select a filter value however the values in the dimension tables is displayed.

Does anyone have an idea how I can improve the performance or does anyone know the logic which is used in select filter values?

I realy appreciate your help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why can't u try precaluting the webtemplate and save the report result in the cache. You set the parameters in the webtemplate Read Mode = Static or hybrid, which will save the cache in a HTML format. It improves the query performance.

Regards

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately precalculation is no option. We use a generic webtemplate for all queries. As select filter values is a structurel problem we are more in favor of solving this than creating a workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if this will help you or not but an option to selecting filter values is to create a web template for the query in WAD and put the infoobjects in drop-down boxes. You can choose the drop-down box to point to master data, which simplifies the process and eliminates the user from having to go into the navigation block, they simply use the boxes to change the data.

Cheers,

Rusty