Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying the text beside the value entered in select-option input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to display the corresponding text for the value which I enter in the Low field of the select-options.For e.g. there is a field called plan version,when the user enters 01 as its value, then it has to display the text which stands for 01,in this case 01 is for current plan.

So when I enter the value in the select options and press enter, it should display the corresponding text for it.

Please help me attain this functionality.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this using the COMMENTS statment, just declare a comment with a TEXT field, then in the AT SELECTION SCREEN , get the text from the tabel based on the value and move that text to this TEXT field, then this text will be displayed on the Selection screen.

to write the COMMENT on the selection screen, look at the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9f/dba7a135c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards

Sudheer

3 REPLIES 3

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sandeep,

pls. check my answer in this thread, I think both are the same problem:

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this using the COMMENTS statment, just declare a comment with a TEXT field, then in the AT SELECTION SCREEN , get the text from the tabel based on the value and move that text to this TEXT field, then this text will be displayed on the Selection screen.

to write the COMMENT on the selection screen, look at the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9f/dba7a135c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check this,

PARAMETERS : p_matnr like mara-matnr

SELECTION-SCREEN COMMENT 37(15) lv_matnr FOR FIELD p_matnr.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN.

IF P_MATNR IS NOT INITIAL.

SELECT SINGLE maktx FROM MAkt

INTO lv_matnr WHERE

MATNR EQ P_MATNR and spras = 'en'.

ENDIF.

regards

siva