cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create in R/3 functional area hierarchies (0FUNC_AREA_0112_HIER)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for your time, any help would be really appreciated and some points will be asigned to helpful answers.

Now my little problem...

We need to have in BW Functional Areas hierarchies.

To do that I have activated 0FUNC_AREA_0112_HIER from bc. The problem is that there aren´t any functional areas structures defined in R/3 for the moment.

I've been doing some tests creating structures in R/3, transaction SPRO, "Define finantial statement versions", but when I try to upload them to bw, they don't appear in the hierarchy flow of 0func_area infoobject but in 0gl_account, despite I have filled the flag of "assignment of functional areas is permitted".

Also in R/3, when I run transaction SE38, program RSA1HCAT, Datasource with hierarchy type=0FUNC_AREA_0112_HIER, an error message is displayed: "No hierarchy catalog in the source system".

That means they are not func area structures but GL account structures defined in R/3. Nobody in my team knows how to create these kind of structures so that I can load them as 0func_area hierarchies.

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much,

JuliaM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I have a problem of locating the 0func_area_0112_Hier in RSA5. Is it not a standard extractor? where to locate this bc?

I do have a structures available in FI.

Can someone walk me thru of how to get the functional area hierarchy and activate it.

I need to use it in BW side.

I have never worked on this problem before and I am new to BW.

Any help is really appreciated. thank you.

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a new question, please start a new discussion thread after researching the topic a bit. The correct space for this question is in the "Business Content & Extractors" area, or the BW (Business Warehouse) area.

Regards,

Ethan

(moderator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Got the same issue with trying to create/load the functional area hierarchy.

Don't know if this helps but if you want to use the hierarchy as defined by the financial statement version, use the hierarchy on the IOBJ 0GLACCEXT - Financial Statement Item.

Setup as follows:

IOBJ: 0GLACCEXT

Hier: 0GLACCEXT_T011_HIER

Text: 0FUNC_AREA_TEXT and 0GL_ACCOUNT_TEXT

I'll be monitoring your thread for an answer if your initial issue. If you find a solution elsewhere it would be great if you could post it here. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Anders