cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me as how I can write a substitution for the below business requirement.

When Co.code is XXXX

And Spl GL indicator is "X"

for T.code F-02

Substitute currency as "INR"

I appreciate your prompt response

Thank you,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not Possible as Currency is not a substitutable field.A validation would work though for checking the data.

Kind regards

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Asam,

you can't do this. The field (currency, BKPF-WAERS) you want to substitue is header data, while one of the fields you have to check (special G/L indicator) is item data. That means you have to carry out the check on item level, while substituting a field in header level.

What I would do is: To set up a validation (instead of substitution), to issue an error message on the item level if curreny is NOT INR (but all other conditions are met). Of course this would block the whole process, because the field cannot be changed anymore, and the user should start it again from the beginning. Validations you can set up in GGB0.

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Good Explanation!

Could u please tell where can we find which fields are changeble and which are not?

Thanks

venu

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Venu,

the rules are stored in a transparent table, unfortunately I don't know it by heart. It is written up in my files at home, so latest on Monday I copy it here. I hope you can wait, until that

nice weekend

ec

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Venu,

as promised:

pls. check OSS Notes 42615 and 386896, these two explain everything.

On the other hand you have to change table GB01 to be able to substitute such fields, which are not provided by the system by default.

hope this helps

ec