Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send a sap business workplace message for a background job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

After generating a alv report in the tool bar i m clicking a button.that button calls transaction co02 and updates the sequence numbers in the background.Once the background job is completed i need to send a sap business workplace message to the trigerring user informing the job has completed and the number of sucessful updates.How can i do it?Can anyone please send me a sample code for that.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes its almost same.. except.. sab business workplace message is nothing but internal mail.

refer the sample program & do a search on sdn for SAP internal mail.. you will get the sample code..

Best regards,

Prashant

3 REPLIES 3

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the background job,

at the end of program...

end-of-selection.

perform display_results.

• SEND MAIL ...

CALL FUNCTION 'SO_OBJECT_SEND'..

refer the following program for mail:

http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/reporting/rep_spooltopdf.htm

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi prashanth,

Thanks for the reply.Is sending a Business workplace message and sending a mail same?Is there any difference?

Thanks.

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes its almost same.. except.. sab business workplace message is nothing but internal mail.

refer the sample program & do a search on sdn for SAP internal mail.. you will get the sample code..

Best regards,

Prashant