Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open iview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing following error on opening an iview

<b>An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : pcd:portal_content/Demo/Demo/dashboard/com.sap.pct.rpm.budget.schedule/com.sap.pct.rpm.projects.budget.schedule.352

Component Name : com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.BWReport

Exception in SAP Application Integrator occured: Cannot retrieve system object for this alias. System Alias: 'SAP_BW', System ID: 'pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.rpm/systems/BI8'. User: 'DEMO', Reason: Access denied (Object(s):

portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.rpm/systems/BI8).</b>

i also want to add that, the iview opens perfectly with different user who is having admin role.Please guide on the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because of permission problem. Go to System Administration - > Permissions. Right Click Portal content -> Open Permissions. Add the user id from which u r accessing the iView and save. Similarly, right click Applications, give 'end user' permission by checking the box and read/write access to the same user id. That will solve the problem.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked in the system and user has got authorisation for the application.Regarding permissions, i have done the activities as stated but it does not help.Any other clue onthis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Check if system Alias mentioned exists

2) Next check the user mapping for this BW system

3) Then check the permissions for portal content and application.

4) If it doesn't work after this step also, in permissions tab, navigate under the portal content to the system which u have created. Then right click and open permissions. Provide permission for this system specifically. Check if it works. Make sure u also give end user permission.

Regards,

Harini S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you don't have the authorizations needed on the BW system.