cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM authorizations: object/activity type controlling import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to customize ChaRM roles so that Developers could trigger imports to QAS when using Urgent corrections (from Actions list: Pass correction to test). Operator role as such is too wide for the use case we need that. We restrict import to PRD elsewhere, so that is not an issue with our project.

We managed to find S_TRANPRT but I want to make sure there isn't ChaRM specific object/activity type for this action. We have compared developer and operator roles but found nothing yet. We are using ChaRM default roles currently.

We are using SolMan 4.0 SP12.

I am most greatful for any hints you may provide us!

BR

Auli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Auli,

This could be done using Authorization codes assigned to status..

Now there is an authorization object B_USERSTAT which can be used to achieve this..

So Follow these steps:

1) SPRO-> SAP solution manager->scenario specific settings-> status profile-> Change Status profile for user status..

Now here navigate to the status profile attached to your Urgent correction transaction type..

Generally status profile is SDHFHEAD.

If your using a Z status profile navigatte to that status profile.

2) After this done, against each status, you will find auth Codes assgned to status

For Status 30 ZUTE Zu testen( TO be tested) find the corresponding auth code, generally ( SDHF_02).

Similarly for status 60 PROD Produktiv( production) find the corresponding auth code..

3) Assign the relevant auth code to appropiatate roles by including new authorization object in that role( B_USERSTAT) so assign relevant values to that roles..

If the Non developer tries to execute ( pass correction to test) then system will not allow this as the developer only have have the authorization for the obove authorization object..

Please remove the authorization for non-developers like operators for the authorization code SDHF_02 in authorization object b_userstat.. this ensures that only developer can execute ( pas correction to test)..

I hope your issue will be resolved if you follow this.

Please reward for usefull post..

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anand for clear instructions. We'll give this a go and then I'll get back to you with proper amount of points. This might take a while.

Thank you once again!

BR

Auli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand!

Just to make sure, is this a setting that does not prevent using default authorizations from operator and administrator but rather gives extra authorization to developer. Our wish is to keep existing authorizations for other charm roles and add additional authorization for import to QAS (status: To be tested = 30).

Thank you in advance!

BR

Auli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Auli,

I dont remember what authorizations Operators and administrator have.

If you follow obove steps, that would give extra authorization to developer.

By doing this operators and administrators will be allowed to perform all the activies they are supposed to perform, however they will not be able to perform " pass correction to test.

Dats all.

please reward for usefull answer.

regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand!

We are still in the middle of implementing and testing this. I'll sign off the message once we are done!

Thanks for a very helpful message!

BR

Auli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aulie,

these are the authorization objects you need to be adding for your Developer or IT Operator role. These auth. objects control the tasks that are in ChaRM task list.

Change Request Management: Task in Development Systems /TMWFLOW/D

Change Request Management: Task in Follow-On Systems /TMWFLOW/O

Change Request Management: Task in Production Systems /TMWFLOW/P

Change Request Management: Task in Retrofit Systems /TMWFLOW/R

Change Request Management: Task in Single Systems /TMWFLOW/S

The values in there range from 1000 - 7000 depending on the task you want to give them.

Change Request Management: Task in Follow-On Systems /TMWFLOW/O

value 2000 in his profile.

Hope this helps,

Salpi

Please reward points for solved or helpful answers.

so if you want a Developer to have access to the automatic import to QA that number would be 2000. so your Developer has to have

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salpi!

Thank you for your answer!

Do you have any idea, where I could find a list of what these 2000, 7000 etc mean. We have been looking for a list like that but haven't come accross any.

Thank you very much!

BR

Auli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Auli,

yes, of course. Here is where you find it.

go to tcode /TMWFLOW/MAINTINST - Generate/Execute Maintenance Cycles

click on the tab called Settings.

select Tasks for Types of System Roles and click on Maintain Configuration.

What you see in there are all the tasks per system role in a task list.

Hope this helped.

Salpi

Please reward for solved or helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Salpi!

This is exactly what we've been looking for! Obviously too many places

Thank you so much!

We'll give this a go, and I'll get back to this thread after that. This may take a while!

BR

Auli

Answers (0)