cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with WAS and EP installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting an error at step 20 i.e Install Java Engine.

And the log file SecureStoreInsert.log says:

Encryption and decryption is not possible because the full version of the SAP java cryptotoolkit was not found(iaik_jce.jar is required,iaik_jce_export.jar is not sufficient) or the JCE jurisdiction ploicy don't allow the use of the "PbeWithSHAAnd3_KeyTripleDES_CBC" algorithm.

I have done this installation earlier also with the same dump (having JDK1.4.2_08) that was a success.

Kindly help with pointers

Regards,

Indu Garg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indu,

Im not exactly sure what your Operating system is, im guessing Windows by your JDK version. This version is out of support for quite some time and is known to cause problems during the isntallation. I would definelty recommend upgrading to a supported JDK, even if you can bypass this step you will encvounter probles during the Java load as Jload cannot work with this JDK correctly.

Your error also seems to indicate that you have not downlaoded and applied the JCE policy archive to support encryption. This is available on the SUN website and is required for the installation.

Kind Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

OS i am using is Windows XP.

JCE which i have downloaded from Sun's site is Java Cryptography Extension (JCE)Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 1.4.2 from link http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html.I also think that there is some problem with the JCE but not able to figure out.

<b>Error : Installation not able to find out iaik_jce.jar file</b>

The SAP NW2004s dump i am using contains a folder Cryptotoolkit having zipped JCE file (which i have downloaded) and 1 folder sapcrypto which contains an sda file having iaik_jce.jar.

Now,During Installation we provide only the JCE.zip file.

So,Any Pointers........

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved.

<u>Solution:</u>

Copy the iaik_jce.jar file for encryption into the <jdk installation directory>\jre\lib\ext directory.

Thanks & Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indu,

Thanks for your promt update and closing the question.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

You did't mention with SAP version?, you may check with link

http://service.sap.com/pam weather your java is supported or not.

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Points are welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Version of SAP is NW2004s with JDK 1.4.2_08.

I have earlier done the installation with same combo.and it was a success.

Any pointers

Thanks,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

SecureStoreInsert.log file contents are as follows:

SAP Secure Store in the File System - Copyright (c) 2003 SAP AG

com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.NoEncryptionException: Encryption or decryption is not possible because the full version of the SAP Java Crypto Toolkit was not found (iaik_jce.jar is required, iaik_jce_export.jar is not sufficient) or the JCE Jurisdiction Policy Files don't allow the use of the "PbeWithSHAAnd3_KeyTripleDES_CBC" algorithm.

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS.openExistingStore(SecStoreFS.java:1975)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS.handleInsert(SecStoreFS.java:963)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS.main(SecStoreFS.java:1276)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: The provider IAIK may not be signed by a trusted party

at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.a(DashoA6275)

at javax.crypto.Cipher.a(DashoA6275)

at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA6275)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.Crypt.<init>(Crypt.java:220)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS.<init>(SecStoreFS.java:1346)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS.handleInsert(SecStoreFS.java:954)

... 6 more