cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 4.0 with ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

We have just upgraded our backend system from 4.6C to ERP 6.0, and now I experience some issues with SRM. In customizing (Define backend system) there is no system type ERP 6.0 - the highest only goes to 4.7.

Has anybody seen this error before?

Message was edited by: DM

Dennis Mogensen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implement the foll note:

Note 874589 - SRM 4.0 connection to an ERP 2005 system

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha.

This note is already in my system - still I cannot choose any higher entry in System type in Define Backend System than 4.7...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extra info:

According to notes 1005358 and 874589 it seems that SRM 4.0 cannot be used with ERP2005 as backend unless you use the integrated ITS - we do not use this yet, so I fear that some of my issues are being caused by this.

Has anyone changed from ITS to integrated ITS, and if yes - is this a large task to do?

Thanks

DM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With SRM 4.0,its better to use Internal ITS.Switching to Internal ITS wont make much difference except if you have any developments on the external ITS done.These will then need to be migrated to the Internal ITS.

To learn more about integrated ITS check out the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/54/4d9993c6592941a407313a6763575c/frameset.htm

to test the integrated ITS check out the following weblog.

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/08/21/running-your-first-its-webgui-application-in-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition--nsp

Other helpful links:

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>