Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is synchronisation problem in SAP MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one explain what is Sync Error (Single User) or SAP Synchronisation

or cannot syncronise or Unable to synch or PDA Synching Issue in the MI.

Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

well, this is a simple question that leads up in a real general area and so the answer could be really complex.

Ok, lets start with the begining:

This error normally points out a general problem in the setup. It means you can not access the middleware form the Device. Have a look into the log file of the MI. There you get a better understanding of the process. MI internally starts a sync with the test, if the sync servlet is available in general. You will see this in the log file. If you need more assistance to the error you see in the Log file, send me that file by mail and I will explain it to you.

If you have no access to the Sync Servlet at all - have you done the general setup of the device? If you open the settings screen, can you see the correct values of the Middleware there? Are these settings working?

First of all you need the credentials of the middleware. These are System Name, URL, Port,....

I do not know the version on MI you are using, but if you have a look into the setup guides, you will see a so called TestURL. If you can call this TestURL in the browser of your PC and it works fine, you know you have all the Credentials you need. If you have problems already there, go to your Admin and have a look if the general setup of MI is ok.

I guess you want to use MI with a PDA? First of all you have to make sure that you have access from the PDA to the Middleware server. Can you browse any Wep Page from the PDA in General? If this is possible, then you should be able to access the Middleware Server as well - as long as there is no Firewall between PDA and Middleware.

If all the above things are done - settings correct, webpages can be called, TestURL is ok,... then please give me some more details to have a better understanding of the problem - or as I already mentioned, send me the log file and I will have a look inside to see if I could find the reason for your problem in there.

Hope this gives you a better understanding of the problem anyway.

Have fun,

Oliver

Answers (0)