cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templating maps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It will be very useful for supporting parameterization by import/syndication maps.

For example - i want to syndicate not all records. I filter it in Syndicator, filtering conditions stays the same, but not it's values.

May i reuse map, but change filtering values

or i need to write my own syndicator mechanism using API?

Can API be helpful to correct maps?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You've touched a sensitive point. The current Syndicator is relatively weak as an exporting mechanism for integration. It rather helps in playing with data or when you want permanently export data filtered by the same criteria. So currently for every criteria you have to create a new map. Another bad news is there is no API for the syndicator yet. You maybe can think of morning the API functionality with the syndicator in the following way. Through the API to select all necessary records to a mask and then in the syndicator (or even syndicator batch) just select a mask for syndication. There are pros and cons of such solution and it's questionable to use the syndicator if you already using API. But nevertheless, take it in your arsenal.

But some good news are here too:-) Synicator is supposed to be the most enriched and most improved module of SP3 (somewhere at the end of this year?). Some conditional filtering, parameterized barch execution, and per-field subscriptioin may appear among coming features. I don't think anyone possesses concrete information of what's expecting exactly but undoubtedly the syndicator will be better.

Message was edited by: Roman Rytov

Former Member
0 Kudos

But SyndicatorBatch is not working properly in my case,

is where any documentation on it?

such string doesn't work:

SyndicatorBatch -s DRYKOV -p 2343 -u Admin -w sapper -l

The result:

(-201) General connection error.

But server is running, dialog Syndicator working properly and Java API calls with the same parameters also works.