cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Authorization shows <Dummy> for an activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to check the missing authorizations after the user fails to perform an operation. I found that an authorization with "Planning Version" show as <Dummy> which is missing.

I have tried to give the full authorization * for this. It didn't work with full authorization and it still shows the same missing authorization.

Can you please help me to understand what should be the value that I have to assign here?

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Ask the user to run SU53 immediately in a new window after the error. Try to add that missing object/ otherization to him and ask him to log off and log in

This will solve your problem.

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Points are welcome

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is not necesari ask the credencial to user for test the autorization, the system administrator can test heself.

su53 --> push "F5" and select the user that you want.

saludos

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have the credentials of the user and i have checked the SU53. I couldn't understand what value does it mean by <Dummy>?

If I know this i can add that value and check. I have tried to logoff and login again, but it didn't work.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay.

To resolve these type of errors the better way is to use the authorization trace.

Assign one user with sap all profile and ask him to perform the same task (i mean the task for which auth fails). While he does so put him under authorization trace via Tcode ST01.This trace file will give you a lost of auth objects the user hit to perform the taks.

Analyse this and find out the missing auth for the user.

This will help if carried out carefully.

Pl award suitably.

Regards