cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SAP component transport strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a SAP landscape with ERP, BW, F&R and DM. Each of these components has 2 instances (dev and quality/test). The transports between these instances are managed with the TMS, aren't they??

But my real problem is that I don't know how to define the transports between components. I have read something about RFCs between ERP and BW instances. <u>Is the same with F&R and DM??</u>

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!...

I don't understand why you want to send transports accros different environments?... what are you trying to distribute?

Can you please give us more details?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example if a customizing or data change occurs in ERP how can reflect this change in the F&R or DM or BW environment?

Hope this clarify my question.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rarely, a customization done for ECC appy to BW or any other system...

Anyhow if you found a case where you need to apply the same changes to all the systems you can release the transport and copy the cofile and data file to the target systems...

1. release the transport (with the customization or whatever changes you want to export)

2. go to \usr\sap\trans\<sid>\cofile and \usr\sap\trans\<sid>\data of the source system and look for the transport... cofile <sid>K<transport number>, data file <sid>R<transport number>.

3. copy the cofile and datafile to the \usr\sap\trans\<sid>\cofile and \usr\sap\trans\<sid>\data of the target system.

4. Then just go to STMS -> Extras -> Other requests ->Add

5. Transport and distribute.

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Answers (0)