cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Funstional Specifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have requirement to create the functional specs for modifying the transaction as per the client requirement. Could you please send me some sample specs? Points would be rewarded generously.

Email address : pavanpeteti@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan,

To speak at macro level that is at projet manager or at senior levels. The Functional Spec (Specification) which is a comprehensive document is created after the (SRS) Software Requirements Document. It provides more details on selected items originally described in the Software Requirements Template. Elsewhre organizations combine these two documents into a single document.

The Functional Specification describes the features of the desired functinality.. It describes the product's features as seen by the stake holders,and contains the technical information and the data needed for the design and developement.

The Functional Specification defines what the functionality will be of a particulat area that is to be precise a transaction in SAP terminology.

The Functional Specification document to create a detailed design document that explains in detail how the software will be designed and developed.

The functional specification translates the Software Requirements template into a technical description which

a) Ensures that the product feature requirements are correctly understood before moving into the next step, that is detchnical developement process.

b) Clearly and unambiguously provides all the information necessary for the technical consultants to develop the objects.

At the consultant level the functional spects are preapred by functinal consultants on any functionality for the purpose of getting the same functinality designed by the technical pepole as most of the times the functionalities according to the requirements of the clients are not available on ready made basis.

REWARD IF U FINDS THIS AS USEFUL...

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Manoj,

Could you send me a sample functional specs?? That wud be gr8 if u could...

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you got the answer please send to this mail

greetlakshman@yahoo.co.in

thanks in advance