cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PM - Sending Some Machine Part Outside for Refurbishment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody.......

Can any one tell me the answer of this scenarion.

I have a machine which came into company premises as an asset. Now in that machine, a motor was mounted. The motor got burnt somehow & I dont have any other motor in the store. Now it has to be sent to an external party to get repaired.

Plz let me know:

a. How to put the material back in the store as it was never issued from the store & came as an asset. So we never had any inventory cost for that.

b. How to send the material to the vendor...what will be the procedure from MM point of view........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

It is completely refurshbishment process.You can follow the steps below.

1)First create asset as an Equipment(with serial number) which is installed in Functional location.

2)Dismantled the equipment.

3)Do MIGO(Goods receipts against other with 202 movement type)--So stock will be generated.

4)Transfer material to Vendor(Movement type 541)

5)Receipt material from vendor(Movement type 542)

6) Create Refurbishment order.

7) Enter the external operation(Control key PM03),PR will be generated

8)Convert PR to PO. Accept Entry sheet.

9)Goods receipt for refurbishment( IW8W)

10) Confirm the Order.

Regards

R.Seenuvasan

Reward if it is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thanks for reply.........but what i mean by this question is how to send the material outside for repair....in service order......

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Vinay

U can create a service order or Can create Purchase requistion(ME53n). - referring as repair which MM dept will get info based on the config settings.

If workflow is enabled - correspondingly - MM dept will get mail saying that service order or PR is created for Motor repair.

Regards

PP

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vinay

there are two ways

1.create a refurbishment order and specify the operation as external operation whcih will raise the PR and PO can be done and based on the invoice you carry on with MIGO, then do the IW8W for good receipt. this is only to capture the cost incurred for refurbishment, you cannot exactly track the materials going outside

2.create a subcontract order using ME21N and send the meaterial via SD then proceed as per standard process. here the problem is as soon you enter the migo the stock will raise and again while closing the refurbuishment order further stock will increase(iW8W) . so kindly look in to you scenerio and decide

for sending material to sub contract please follow the link

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/fe/67ebf59d6f11d189b60000e829fbbd/frameset.htm</b>

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Thanks for reply......

I mentioned that the machine came as an asset. When you r buying asset, it can have BOM but it can not be with the breakup of the Asset cost. So i cannot have that spare(motor) in inventory list with some value though its material master is possible.

Now at the time of maintenance, i have to dismantle that part from machine(asset) & send it for subcontracting. I can create material master but what abt stock.....even if i will put that into stock it will increase the inventory cost & reconciliation(in MM) will cause error.

Now tell me, how to send this material outside company premises for subcontracting.

And u know that if i went for Subcontracting PO, then the system asks for incoming material as finished / refurbished one......& in my case it will be same .i.e. recursiveness is there.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Thanks for reply......

I mentioned that the machine came as an asset. When you r buying asset, it can have BOM but it can not be with the breakup of the Asset cost. So i cannot have that spare(motor) in inventory list with some value though its material master is possible.

Now at the time of maintenance, i have to dismantle that part from machine(asset) & send it for subcontracting. I can create material master but what abt stock.....even if i will put that into stock it will increase the inventory cost & reconciliation(in MM) will cause error.

Now tell me, how to send this material outside company premises for subcontracting.

And u know that if i went for Subcontracting PO, then the system asks for incoming material as finished / refurbished one......& in my case it will be same .i.e. recursiveness is there.

Thanks

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vinay

since i have not have the knowledge of asset maintenance i am just giving the possible solution

create an maintenance order with control key PM02 for external operation.

based on PR create a PO with the vendor.

after repariring the motor make the goods receipt using MIGO based on purchase order (here you are receiving only the services offered, not the material inventory)

based on the service rendered confirm the order then proceed further.

since you are not maintaining the asset as inventory you shall use the process to capture the cost incurred for servicing.

i hope you got an idea

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I got your point. What you are asking is which GR movement type should be used to bring this motor into stock. Or rather show this motor in stock in SAP. Though this motor has not come new from the vendor or anything. It was always there in your plant as part of an asset. The MM consultants are best suited to answer this.

And refurbishment is possible only if you have a material.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bala.......

You are absolutely correct..... for this I need MM consultants........but nobody is responding till now on this.......

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vinay

eventough it is an asset material master to be maintainted for that asset and inventory cost also to be mentioned the you can proceed with the refurbishment process,

follow the link for detailed refurbishment process

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/fe/67f9609d6f11d189b60000e829fbbd/frameset.htm</b>

and see the <b>Processing Material Refurbishment Without Serial Numbers</b>

regards

thyagarajan