cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP profile configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

While configuration DIP profile, I can not find 2 characteristics: Grouping and Searchfield.

I want to use 2 characteristics while calculating Sale Price.

Can anyone help me to define or activate 2 characteristics.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Nam,

You can select two characteristics(for eg: cost center and activity type) for a particular usage (quotation creation),by clicking on the characteristics relevant radio button but you should provide sequence like 1,2 in the sequence column to decide which characteristics should be used first to categorise your dynamic items.Check out and come back if you still have problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I use Project Builder (TC: CJ20N) to create a project, then I create some WBS, and plan project costs using Easy Cost Planning.

I also define a DIP profile with Usage : Quotation creation and sales pricing, and check 2 characteristics Cost Center and Activity Type.

(I don't know which material to be selected in Material determination???)

When I execute Sales Pricing function, It show a window with title 'Error in Material Determination' - Character. Combinations W/O Mat. Assign. in DIP profile AAA.

Can you explain more detail to run Sales Pricing for Quotation creation.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Nam,

The material to be defined in Material determination is the material for which you are doing the sales pricing or generating quotation.

For Eg:If we are working on say construction projects.The project is for "Constructrion of Bridge" (Project definition).We have define a material by name Bridge and we have to define that material in the Material Determination.

For this material you have to define the Criteria,which are nothing but the set Id for the characteristics you have selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nam,

thank you for explaining the error. I understood the problem. I will explain how the DP82 transaction works so that you can solve your problem easily.

Depending on what costs are planned in your WBS element the material will be determined by the DIP profile. Let us take the following example.

In your network you have two activities with different activity types. First activity is having activity type as A0001. Second has A0002. Both are having same workcenter. So both will have same cost center. Now your DIP profile needs to identify the material for activity type A0001 and A0002 for the same cost center. But your DIP profile has the material for A0001 only. So when you run transaction DP82 the error says that there is no material for A0002. So what do you have to do? You have to go to the ODP1 transaction select your DIP profile. Select the usage whichever your are doing (either quotation or sales order). Double click on the material determination. Identify which material should be determined for A0002 activity type. Select that material and double click on criteria. There in the activity type set click. And then maintain the A0002 activity type. Save and run the DP82 again. This should work.

thanks

Bala

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Bala,

Is it possible if I only use WBS in PS project?

(If possible please guide me to do that).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nam Nguyen,

I'm looking for RRB scenario,Could you please guide step by step confiuration or forward me configuration documents to my email id: Rau.moder@gmail.com

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can I find a sample project which use Sales Pricing on IDES demo?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I want to calculate Sale Price for IT project, which material I should use?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create material by name similar to that of your project definition so that the quotation will have the same name as the material description.