cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java AS update to SPS11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to update NetWeaver 7.0 Application Server Java SP9 to SPS11. How is it done?

I have not found an exact guide yet.

I have a .SCA file which includes SAP-JEE, verison SPS11.

Thanks,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Servicemarket place, Go to <b>Softwaredownloads->SAP Support Packages->SAP Support Package Stacks->SAP Netweaver 2004s</b>.

Enter your Source Stack as SP9 and Target Stack as SP11 and select your Usage Selection depending upon your requirement.

Next select your Kernel <b>32bit \ 64bit</b> depending upon your requirement.This will display your required SCA's.Download all the required SCA's by selecting the option "Add to Download Basket".

Now you have your required SCA's of SPS11 with you.Copy all these SCA's to your<b> /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in </b> directory.

Now go to <b>/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<CI>/j2ee/JSPM</b>

click <b>go.bat</b> file to run your JSPM.

During Patching first JSPM gets updated to SPs11 and then prompts you for a restat of <b>JSPM</b>.

Then you can again run your <b>go.bat</b> file and continue your patching.This will bring all your SCA's to SP11.

Any queries revert back.

Do reward points if useful.

Regards,

Srujana.<b></b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said earlier ,if you define the Usage types to be updated and

Present level and traget SP level,list of SCA's or zip files will be dispalyed.

It can be downloaded to your system.

Make sure you rename all sca's to .SCA format ,if they are downloaded as ZIP file.

SDMKIT.JAR should be kept with the .JAR extension itself.

For SPS11, Kernel level will 95.Make sure,you take Unicode kernel only.

After downlaoding all these are copied to /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

Then to run JSPM,one important point to be remembered is,always login through

"sidadm" user.

If you don't use, "sidadm" user,you can never login to JSPM page.

The you have to supply with "SDM password" which will be the administrative password.

If you don't have the xml file downloaded,you have select the option "Single support package".

Then all the SCA's will be scanned and their present level n target level will be displayed.

first time,jSPM gets updated and exits from deploymnet.

when you restart the deployment,rest of the components gets deployed.

reward points if helpful..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have all necessary .sca-s, SPSTab.xml and SDMKIT.jar as well. But when I start upgrade using JSPM choosing <b>Support Pack Stack / No NWDI Control</b> I got the following error message:

"<i>No applicable support package stack(s) found for deployment in inbox directory C:\ usr\sap\trans\EPS\in.

Either you do not have a stack definition XML file, download it from SAP Service Marketplace. For more information, see SAP note 884537.

If you have downloaded the stack definition XML file, on the Logs tab page, check the SCAN_INBOX_xx.LOG files for errors. </i>"

I checked the log tab, it contains the following errors:

"<i> - Stack definition file C:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\SPSTab.xml is rejected. Download a new version on SAP Marketplace.

- java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -9</i>"

I also tried to upgrade choosing <b>Single Support Packages (advanced use)</b> some parts were upgraded, but many of them not:

<u>Deployed:</u>

SAP_JAVASL

BASETABLES

SAP-JEE

SAP-JEECOR

SAP_JTECHF

<u>Not deployed:</u>

ADSSAP

BI_MMR

KM-KW_JIKS

CAF-UM

SAP_JTECHS

BI_UDI

CAF

LM-TOOLS

UMEADMIN

After this I tried a "<b>New Deployment</b>" then only the following parts were in the queue:

BI_UDI

CAF

LM-TOOLS

SAP_JTECHS

UMEADM

The error was: Connection between SDM and J2E engine is broken, but I could connect to SDM using RemoteGui...

Then I tried to "<b>Resume</b>" the upgrade, but I got the following error:

"<i>Phase Error Report

An error has occured during the execution of the JSPM_MAIN phase.

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: null

More information can be found in the log file C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\JSPM\log\log_2007_10_09_17_01_36\JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM

com.sap.sdt.util.diag.JavaException

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: null

JSPM_MAIN

JSPMPhases

NetWeaver Upgrade

SAPJup

Java Upgrade

</i>"

Have you any ideas for the problem?

Thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

In a JAVA Stack upgrade , you should always update your JSPM tool itself.

Make sure that you have do it.

For the remaining SCA Files re-try to deploy it using NEW Deployment option.

Even if then the SCA files not deplyed properly then you can use the SDM tool to do the deployment of the remaining SCA files manually.

Hope this helps you....

Regards,

Premkishan Chourasia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Premkishan,

As I can see JSPM has not been upgraded to SPS11 yet. As I knew it should have been upgraded first in the queue, I do not know why it has not happened so.

So how can I upgrade just JSPM to SPS11? I tried to leave only the JSPM.SCA in the ..\trans\EPS\in directory but it did not work.

Thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case then please update JSPM using SDM tool.

You can find the SDM tool at /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEB..../SDM/program/StartGui ...

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started to deploy the .sca files using SDM, the following three could not be deployed:

- BIUDI (Deployment finished with error)

- LMTOOLS (SDM freezed at 65% deployment)

- CAF (Deployment finished with error)

The log file did not help me, there were exceptions at com.sap.engine.services.webservices...

The upgrade was important for me because the SAP JEE SPS11 contains "com.sapportals.connectors.*" package which I want to use, but I could not import any com.sapportals packages in NWDS however the deployment of SAPJEE went OK.

Any ideas why I cannot reach that package?

Does it make trouble, that BIUDI, LMTOOLS and CAF .sca-s could not be deployed?

Thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

You need to go to the NW2004S Support Pack Stack download area on the SAP Service Marketplace. You enter you source and target stack levels and the usage types you have installed. SMP will then calculate which components need to be deployed, and gives you the option to add them to your download basket. You should also save the list of packages as an xml file. The option is there for you to do that. You then need to transfer all that packages, plus your xml file, to the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory. You then need to start JSPM (Java Support Pack Manager). JSPM will read the EPS/in directory, and from the xml file will calculate the required queue. The first time you run it, it will deploy the SP11 version of JSPM. It will then prompt you to restart JSPM, so that you are using the new version. This time it will process the rest of SPS11. Note that if you have a dual stack (ABAP + Java), then it will automatically shutdown both stacks to replace the kernel.

Cheers, Barry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Support Pack installation documentation can be found at http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) -> Maintenance.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt!

The functionality I wanted to use is available, without the before mentioned packages, so the upgrade was successful.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to know it, Peter! I just wanted to put the link in for future reference...

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

How you have sloved your problem ? Can you pl. mail me at

<email address deleted by moderator>

I am also facing same problem.

SPSTab.xml file rejected.

Rgds

Subodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

How you have sloved your problem ? Can you pl. mail me at

<email address deleted by moderator>

I am also facing same problem.

SPSTab.xml file rejected.

Rgds

Subodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subodh,

I got the necessary support packages and the XML file from SMP. First I only copied the JSPM11.SCA to the ..trans\EPS\in directory and started the upgrade of JSPM choosing New Software Component option.

After restarting JSPM I put the other SCAs and the XML file to the previous directory and started the upgrade selecting the Support Pack Stack option at the first step.

There were some errors during upgrade (e.g. Connection between SDM client and server is broken.), in that case I restarted the procedure.

Regards,

Peter