cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus:

We've faced a problem when running CTM. Our scenario is a little bit complicated. Let me try to explain it as possible as I can.

Master Data:

Two Locations: Loc A & Loc B

Product: Finished Goods:FG1, Semi-FG: Sem1

PPM: FG1-Sem1 in Loc A & Loc B

Transportation Lane: Loc A <--Loc B

Stock:

FG1:50 in Loc A

Sem1:10 in Loc A

Sem1:40 in Loc B

CTM Logic:

Say we require FG1 100PC in Loc A, and system allocated FG1 50PC in Loc A, and cut a work order for 10pc in Loc A from Sem1 to FG1 according to PPM. And then system create a stock transfer order to ship Sem 1 for 40PC from Loc B to Loc A.

But we want system to cut a work order in Loc B and create a stock transfer order for FG1 40PC from Loc B to Loc A. Is it possible for CTM?

Thanks for your advice~

Scott Chen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas:

I have checked for FG at Loc A. Its procurement type is X which refers to make or buy. And in my case the PPM at Loc A should have a higher procurement priority cuz we always wanna build in the original site first. And if the Sem1 in Loc A is not enough, we wanna FG1 is built in Loc B and then trasport to Loc A in finished goods level. Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Thanks very much,

Scott

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the other way is something I did not want to suggest before. You can divide the CTM run into two. In the first run have the CTM scope to only have the Make option at Loc A for FG. Exclude the option to produce in Loc B and transport to A. In the second run, whatever is the unmet demand can be met by running CTM in a net change mode that includes Loc B and PPM at B.So the scope of CTM in second run would need to be different. I am little surprised though on why the first option using relative priorities is not working.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas:

Cuz we still need to transport Semi-FG from Loc B to Loc A, so the first doesn't work. And I have tried your suggestion, and it still cannot work. I think it's because of the logic of CTM.

When we have requirements for FG1 in the Loc A, and then it's in shortage. So CTM follows the PPM to find the Sem1 in the Loc A. In this moment, requirements switch to Sem1, so even PPM of Loc B has the highest priority, system still suggest you to transfer Sem1 from Loc B to Loc A.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks for your advice,

Scott Chen

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to confirm the procurement type that you have maintained for FG at Loc A. It should be X which refers to make or buy. So try to have differential priority of PPM and T Lane at FG level of Loc A. in your case the PPM at Loc A should have a lower procurement priority than the procurment priority of t Lane connecting Loc A with B for FG.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scott

Wanted to check if the T Lane from B to A has both FG1 and SemiFG defined? If you only want FGs to be transferred from B to A, you can always remove SemiFg from T Lane reference.

The other thing you can do is to leverage the Procurement Priorties on T Lane and PPMs on both locations. CTM does source determination based on these priorties. I am not too sure if this will work, however this is worth a try. You may try to assign higher priority to PPM at Location B so that it is always the FG that gets transferred.

Let me know if any of the above works.

Regards

Srinivas