cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing XSD to Create a Msg Type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone plz tell me how to create a msg type based on external XSD.I hav gone thru help.sap.com. there it is mentioned for Data Type.It is given that to go for Tools->Import XSD.but i din't find any such option there.Instead, i hav gone for creating External Definition and was successful in creating a DataType using External Definition.But to my surprise, the created Data type is not listed under Data types.Instead it is listed under External Definitions. This is for Data Types.But i need for Message Type.Plz help me out as i hav very severe dead lines.

Thnx in Advance.

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you import the xsd as data type in the datatype editor?If yes then you can create a message type based on that.

However if you have imported it as extrenal definition in externam definition editor then

1.Check wether you selected the category as XSD.

2.Go to the message type tab in the extrenal definition editor and check the message type name.

If you are not able to see the message type name in the message tab of the external definition editor then there is some problem in the XSD.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had this problem in our EDI implementation. We need to import XSD's for all of our X12 messages into XI. It's very simple, actually.

You create an External Definition and import the XSD. If you click the Message tab you'll note the name of the message. This is driven by the element name in the XSD. Right now I'm looking at an XSD for an 850 in one of our external definitions and it's described as "LIST".

Then you create a Message Interface. Under Definition, Message Types, Input Message is, in the case of our 850, LIST. You can then use that Message Interface in your mappings or, if you've imported an external mapping program, directly in your Interface Mappings, as source or target.

Hope this helps. Thanx and regards, ejh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You could create Message Type (MT) in 3 ways :

1. Manual: Create Data Type (DT) & Create MT refering to it.

2. Import XSD as DT: Create a new DT by giving a name. The structure can be imported from a XSD. Tools-> Import XSD. (Note: the name of DT here should match the 'complex type' name in XSD). Then create a MT refering to this DT.

3. Import XSD as External Definition: An XSD can be imported into External definitions, and this creates the MT directly, and no DT required. They appear only under 'External Definitions'. Note: This XSD should contain a 'complex type' definition, which stands for DT. And also a root element declaration refering to this type, which stands for MT. In this case, we can have one XSD containing multiple DTs and MTs within it. All these MTs can be seen under the 'Messages' tab within an External Definition.

Once an MT is created in one of these 3 ways, the other concepts of Interfaces, mappings etc. remain the same.

Hope this gives the differences, and clarifies your concerns.

regards,

Pops V

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

what Sudhir said was that you don't need message type

if you use "external definition" you can base your mappings

on this external definition

you can check external definition template:

PIP0C2_R0102_AsynchronousTestConfirmation

form SAP BASIS 6.40 (TestCase) namespace