cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How install library in PDA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i´m doing an application, but i need in my PDA any libraries... Exactly, i nedd java.util, how can install it in the PDA?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

well, the answer to that is the other way round. It is not: how can I install it - it is, how can I live without it.

I thnik you have developed an App using JDK1.4.x or something similar. The problem is, as MI on a PC runs fine with that, on PDA used Creme is based on JDK1.1.8.

This means for example:

IF you use a vector on JDK1.4 you will add elements by using .add. This is not working in JDK1.1.8, there you have to use addelement instead.

To test your development, you have to compile your app with JDK1.1.8 in Eclipse. Therefore you can use the tools.jar from JDK1.4, that is ok, because JDK1.1.8 has no JDK. Why this is ok? Well, first the Tools.jar is used to complie the JSP fiules to .java files. These java files are then compiled to .class files using the JDK1.1.8 compiler. So the output is fine.

Hope this helps to solve your problem.

Have fun,

Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

If you want to run application on PDA, it should have java runtime environment. Depends on the Operating System & Processor on your PDA you need to install Creme (java runtime environment).

Go to http://www.nsicom.com/ site and download appropriate Creme for your PDA.

Check SAP Notes for more references.

Regards,

Murthy.