cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we create a new AD domain for a new instalation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are a small organization with about 800 Active Directory users in a single domain. It has been suggested that we create a child domain for installation of several SAP modules. I don't want to deal with the extra overhead of the second domain. What problems could I encounter by having everything in one domain. What is everyone else doing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend.

As per technically concern no need to create a new AD domain.but if your management want to install on separate then only you can go.

shailesh tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it really depends on your decision. Technically, there is no problem. Only you need a domain admin role during the installation.

Our org. uses one domain, and SAP is in the domain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The choice depends from your company organization.

If you have a dedicated domain for your SAP systems, you will have domain admin credentials and the SAP installation will be able to create and give the right credentials to the technical sap users. (<SID>adm and sapservice<SID> ).

In my company there is no SAP domain and we (SAP basis guys) are NOT domain admins. So we have to ask for the creation of the technical SAP users and groups before beginning the installation and we get warnings from the installation program when it tries to create or modify the users credentials.

Otherwise it works perfectly !

Regards,

Olivier