cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limit tax jurisdiction country in customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two company codes COUS and COUK under the same chart of accounts COAA with 0010 10 10 sales area for COUS and 0050 50 50 sales area for COUK. COUS has currency USD and COUK company code has currency GBP.

When I create customer for COUS company code, I am getting US UTXJ tax category under billing documents->sales area data in customer master. This is perfect.

However, when I try to create customer for COUK company code and 0050 50 50 sales area, I am getting two tax categories GB MWST and US UTXJ. Which is not right. How could I get only tax category GB MWST for COUK.

Highly Appreciated for any inputs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ann Rita Maria,

The actual process is : the jurisdiction code is assigned to a tax procedure.

Check in transaction code-OBCP

See what juridiction codes are assigned at Plant Level..

Also Check in below links-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8b/d6fc3768b56d00e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

http://www.jt77.com/financials-q/index17.html

Also To get the jurisdiction code in the FTXP transaction , There are some customization Settings from FI Module.

SPRO-Financial Accounting-FA global settings-tax on sales and purchases-basic settings...Check if these settings too..

REWARD IF U FINDS THIS AS USEFUL...

Regds

Manoj Mahajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u might have assigned two tax categories to u r company COUK check the settingd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

I found that under enterprise structure, sales area 0050 50 50 was assigned to both plants 0010(COUS) and plant 0050(COUK). Once I remove assignement of sales area 0050 to plant 0010. It only shows one tax category.

Solved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ann,

Check your company tax procedure in T-code FTXP here you have to select to country in wich you want then tax code like you assign total tax codes here

Hope this helps you

Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the tax category assignment in OVK1

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following settings in OVK1 and this is not helping me.

GB United Kingdom 1 MWST Output Tax

US USA 1 UTXJ Tax Jurisdict.Code

Any more thoughts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in ovk1 delete the us tax category

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I delete US UTXJ tax category, then what happens to my COUS company code tax category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more thoughts why I am getting two tax categories for COUK company code.

Thanks.