cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Error when launching BLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using xMII 11.5 SP3, one of our other xMII developers is getting the following Java error when launching the BLS editor:

Unable to load resource: http://xmiid.oxy.com/Lighthammer/CMSLogicEditor/activation.jar

His computer was reimaged a couple of days ago with our standard image (Windows XP SP2, IE6 SP2). It worked fine on his computer prior to the re-image. He's reloaded Sun Java 1.4.2_01 on his computer (our company default is 1.4.1_01.)

I can't duplicate the error on any of our test computers - one of which was also recently re-imaged.

Any ideas?

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David

If possible, pls do restart the service <b>ServletExec AS</b> in the xMII server. see wat happens

Regards

Som

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Obviously this is a client side problem, not a server side problem. Restarting the ServletExec instance should have no impact on this issue whatsoever.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy

I agree with u. But i think we should do test 'everything' to find out any clue even if there may be something like assurance.

Anyway lets wait for further clues if we can find

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

The proxy settings are blank so we're OK there. I have no problem restarting the service - like both of you, I think it's a client side issue but there's only the two of us in our development box and one of us ain't too productive right now so it wouldn't be an inconvenience to do a quick restart. I'll let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes, java version can cause this kind of problem. Open ur Java Start and choose File -> Preferences -> Java. Choose the latest version u have. Preferably, have version of 1.4.2_09 and above.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Harini. Unfortunately my company only allows certain Java versions to be run and 1.4.2_01 is the best I can do. That's not quite true, I can apply to run a higher version but there's forms to be filled out, testing to be done, approvals to be obtained, etc. It's a laborious process. If xMII supports 1.4.2_01 and that's a company approved version, then that's the version we'll go with.

David

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

So other standard imaged machines are running 1.4.2_01 and have no issues? I would expect to see problems with the webstart cookie handling for that version, but I'm running _15....

Try clearing the Java WS cache on the problematic client instance to watch it try to download all the libraries fresh.

File...Preferences, reconfirm that the None radio button is selected on the General tab, and then on the Advanced tab, press the Clear Folder button.

You could also make sure before hitting the editor link in the Menu.jsp that there are no dead or leftover javaws processes running in the task manager.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help ..I am now able to resolve this . I was the unfortunate one who had this issue ...

All this while , we had been clearing the Cache and setting the proxy = "None" in the Control Panel -->JavaPlug-in.

Solution : I had to go to "Java Web Start"(app on your desktop) --> File -->Preferences --> set Proxy to "None".

Whew !!!

Regards .

Hitesh Mehta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check the proxy settings in the java web start. Should be set to none.

Regards,

Jamie