cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Form differant on transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a smart form that was not printing out long text to the width we wanted. I fixed it in the development system and transferred it to our NQA system. The form doesn't show the right width in the NQA system.

Could there be a printer definition or other non-form related setting that might be causing this?

I tried to download the form and upload the form as well to NQA still looks the same. It is wrapping the text at the wrong point.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I tried both the approaches that you mentioned

1) Saving the Smartform, Smart Style and Driver program in a single TR

2) Uploading the Smartform XML in Test.

Both of these did not work for me.

However, what worked fro me was using program "RSTXDELL" to refresh the Test Environments fonts buffer. After that all was well

Thanks,

SetSha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did get this to work by downloading the form and uploading the form to the NQA system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did get the form to go over by downloading it and uploading it after all.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will probably try them the next time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am sure that if it works in development then obviously it should work in Quality.

so pls try to save all the developments related to smartform including smart styles in one request i.e driver program,style related to that form,smartform in one request and transport it.it will work definitely.

i too have faced the problem as you and i have done the same.

former_member215542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. Could you check if the smartstyle has been transported correctly to your NQA system?

2. If you are printing the long text using texts created in SO10 then changes made to the text objects of SO10 also needs to be transported. Is that done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

store your smartform,related smartstyle,driver program in single request and then transport.it will work definitely if it works in development

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO10 doesn't apply here but I did create a new CTS of both the style and the form to send over. I did a change that I would definitly see. It doesn't appear to be using the correct form. I will keep hunting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to put them in the same CTS I didn't try that. Thanks for the TIP