cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiniWas 620, External Harddrive...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have a new issue with my MiniWas 620 here. I am trying to reinstall the mniwas on my new laptop and ditto external harddrive. All goes well until I reach 91% and a database registration error occurs. There are plenty of threads on this error but I have the following question. Is it possible to install both the WAS as well as the DB on my external harddrive (G:)? Running the installation the DB was installed there but the WAS was installed again on my laptop harddrive C:. How can I change that since I think that is the problem. Thanks, Tiest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the same thing, getting ready for SDN Meets Labs, most of the process is covered in my weblogs. Just take a look. No need to reinstall you can actually just move

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, do you mean I can actually 'move' both the WAS as well as the DB to another drive without any problem? Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not without "any problems" but yes it is possible!

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/04/10/sdn-meets-preparing-for-walldorf

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/04/16/sdn-meets-preparing-for-walldorf--yep-still-at-it

They don't go into details about what I did exactly but basically I copied all the Registry entries and then the start scripts for the drive in the MiniWAS directory - you then have to renew the license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, I will have a look at this, this week and will post any issues that I can not figure out accordingly. Thanks a lot, Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, I have successfully modified all registry entries and couldn't find any scripts that required modification. I can logon to the WebServer but can not connect to the SAP DB. The following error occurs during the execution of runBSP.cmd:

G:\MiniWAS>dbmcli -U c db_warm

ERR

-24988,ERR_SQL: sql error

-902,Message not available

Error: Database BSP NOT started !

Also through the database manager I am unable to connect to the database, any idea where or what I have forgotten? Thanks, Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

most likely another registry entery dealing with xserver and stuff, also check in your DB directory to see if there is anything there that needs to be changed (script or bat files)

Answers (0)