cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PL_TIMEOUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a known error. I have read a couple of threads and I still have problems with it.

Basicly we don't know why we get an PL_TIMEOUT when It's not a mapping or interface issue is that correct? I have a Integration Process and it sometimes works fine and sometimes I get an error, when I re-post the message in test for e.g. it goes ok (test and prod are the same). Still when we have a PL_TIMEOUT and its not the mapping and not the interface then we don't know why it's happening, right?

Next question is how to solve this, which parameters do I need to change and how is that done?

Best regards,

Guido

Message was edited by:

G. Koopmann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

and closed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guido,

I would assume in your case tohat your are using an Synch-Async Bridge somehow? If this is the case, the timeout might occure because of a very long answer.

In this case check value of IE parameter via transaction

SXMB_ADM -> Specific Configuration.

Category: SA_COMM

Parameter: CHECK_FOR_ASYNC_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT

If you are not using the SA Bridge in your IP, you might be doing something different and in this some cases you might hit an timeout due to calling an external Adapter via ICM.

In this cause it is usually the ICM Timeout or the ProcTimeout that might cause the issues here. Check for the ICM Timeout settings and information then.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a SYNC-ASYNC bridge, I am going to check the settings and will get back to you.

Thnx already, if this solves the problem you will get the forum points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koopmann,

Have alook at SAP Notes:--710735

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem only occurs when you call an Adapter Engine from the Integration Server using HTTPS.

This is not the problem for me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koopmann,

Are you using BPM in ur scenario ?

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas Nettem,

Yes I am using a BPM in my scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koopmann,

Check if any sync calls are waiting for the response from the receiver. This may be the cause for the PL Timeout.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thnx for helping me out, after some checking I found out that it's because of a wrong file format which is send.

The file contains a DOCTYPE which refers to a DTD and I didn't based my mapping on a DTD but on a XSD. Within the XSD I also removed the namespace.

When I get rid of the DOCTYPE then everything is fine. What still is strange is that one file goes wrong every other file after (which can be correct) also goes wrong. When I reset the queue then the problem is solved, but it is still very strange...