cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender Adapter -> Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i want to make a call from R3 -> XI via the RFC Sender Adapter, process the R3 Call inside a Java Mapping and return to results to R3 (synchronous RFC call)

how do i setup Interface and Message mappings and the corresponding sender and receiver agreements?

regards franz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either do it as 2 async calls or use BPM.

Anyway, what are you wanting to do inside Java mapping?

It ain't a very good scenario to use XI as endpoint.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i've got some java services from a sap business connector application

these java services where called from R3 -> SAP/BC, BC did some proecessing and filled return parameters (synchronous RFC call from R3 -> SAP BC)

I now have to convert these SAP BC Services to XI Services because SAP BC won't be supported any more

any ideas how to do do this?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Migrations are always the best time to review your business processes.

What exactly are these java services that you mentioned?

Maybe a sync RFC <-> Java Proxy scenario would suit it better?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The java services of the business connector are used to get some data from legacy systems

So with a java proxy it is possible to do synchronous communication from R3 -> XI -> Java Proxy and back, am i right.

regards

franz

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly.

If you access a target system through a Java API, the proper way to go is Java proxy, not workaround in Java mapping.

Regards,

Henrique.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The java services of BC are its proprietary. U may not directly use it in XI. So if u r thinking about java mapping, then whole code needs to be replicated in java code which would be a tedious task.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead os thinking it as sync RFC scenario, configure it as an async RFC - XI - RFC interface. The setup would then be as simple as any other scenario.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

but how could i then fill the return parameters of the incoming rfc call?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That depends upon the logic implemented inside ur RFC.

My initial thought was: the export params of RFC would come into XI using RFC sender. Then at XI u ll do some manipulation into the fields. Then send back the request msg as the import param at RFC receiver and this data may be of some use to u.

Regards,

Prateek