Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating XSD while Keeping Syndication Map

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have mapped our source repository to destination XSD in syndicator to syndicate data out in XML format. We have been using this XSD for a while and now we need to update this XSD structure to add a couple more fields(under the same segment). Question is how can I update this XSD structure and still keep my syndicator map? I don't want to re-map all the fields that we have already done. That would be like starting from scratch every time we may add a new field in the XSD structure.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

-TS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Michael said, this will destroy your mappings. It's a shame, because it's very easy to accomplish this in XI

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TS,

unfortunately I do not a possible solution for your request. Syndicator is using internal Field IDs within the mapping to store the Source Fields. But it uses and stores the complete old XSD structure for the destination items. if you replace/update your XSD in console, all existing syndication maps are NOT updated according to the new XSD. This means that you can still open the map, but you'll see only the old structure. In other words, the current syndicator functionality enforces you to create a new map from scratch if you change the XSD.

BR Michael