Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization of planning area

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have created whole DP cycle and my questin is

1.How to update my planning area with storage buckets?

2. Is there any transaction where i can update every month as our DP process is monthly based once.

Please let me know and thanks a Lot

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to use Dynamic date selection in the job that initializes planning area everymonth.This will ensure a rolling sequence where the last bucket falls off and a new bucket gets added to the future.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can enter the duration for which you are forcasting like in your case it will be a month..

Its possible to Run Planning Area initialization through Process chain.

for that you can create a variant with from and to dates on rolling basis.

You need the program name and the variant for including it into process chain.

Reward points if helpful

Regards,

Manjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create storage buckets for a large timespan for eg 20 yr behind and X yrs after

{where X = number of years after which you plan to retire }

this doesnt consume any space. Its the buckets for initialization of the plannign area that consumes memory

you can reinitialize your planning area using Dynamic date variables and trigger them using a step in the process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj -

If I understand you are doing the DP run every month and you are trying to do rolling initialization?

if thats the case then here is an excerpt from help.sap.com

If You want the system to roll over periodically without scheduling the same job repeatedly, you should use selection variables to enter relative dates. The system then calculates the start and end dates each time the report is executed. For instance, you specify that the initialization period should be from 12 months in the past to 12 months in the future. If today’s date is July 1, 2003, this means that the initialization period starts on July 1, 2002 and ends on June 30, 2004. If the report is started anew on August 1, 2003, change the dates to August 1, 2002 and July 31, 2004.

1. On the Save as Variant screen select the Selection Variable indicator for the Start/End Date field.

2. Choose the Selection variables button on the toolbar.

3. In the table that appears, click on the traffic lights in column D so that the lights change to green. Click on the pull-down that appears beneath the name of the field (RDAT). A list of possible entry types appears. Choose an entry type for a range such as Beginning of mth-xx months, end of mth+yy months. Choose .

4. In the dialog box that appears, enter the number of periods in the past or in the future for start and end dates. then save it.

If not can you be a bit more clear.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Initially i have 2 years history and 1 year forecast

eg: 09/01/2005

09/30/2008..... and next i want to initialize planning area in october 1st

and then i need to go to /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE and my question is what should i need to put on

From:........ To......... dates and can we initialize through process chains?

Please let me know

Thanks

Regards,

Raj

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks gurus

Regards,

Raj

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh ,

I appreciate your answer and i need more detail please

1.you mentioned that "Choose an entry type for a range such as Beginning of mth-xx months, end of mth+yy months."

In that how to put 2 years past( 24) 1 year future(12)

can you be clear please .

Thanks

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus ,

Please let me know the answers

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

1. When you create the planning area you need to mention the storage buckets profile.

2. you can run the job /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE to initialize your planning area every month!

Thanks!