Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create date variable with interval in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 questions:

<u>My scenario:</u>

I am using a BI 7.0 Query which is having some variables. I want the same variables to be displayed in the VC output.

<u>Question 1:</u>

I know that how to bring these variables in variable screen, but when we use these queries, dont the variables in the variable screen automatically ask for the input?

I tried it but it is not happening automatically.

There are 2 inputs for queries with variables, i tried using both, but it is not working properly. Can any one tell me is it possible.

<u>Question 2:</u>

In this variable screen, I have to select date with interval format. but i dont know how to use variable with interval. ( Date with interval format).

I hope some one might have come across the same scenario .. If so please share with the solution me ..

Regards,

Chan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekharan

<b>Question 1:</b>

What I understand from your description is:

a. You have some variables in your query.

b. In your VC, you use the query that has the variables.

you want to know why when you deploy the vc application, it does not automatically ask for the variables input? right?

if so, VC cannot automatically pop up a window for the variables. You have to provide the input for the variables port in your query in VC manually.

If you have tried this, but its not working, then please check the format the input variables expect. A wrong format will give you an exception.

<b>Question 2:</b>

Could you please give an example of what you want to achieve? I dont understand clearly what an interval format is. Are you trying to get data from, for eg, 01-Jan-2007 to 31 Mar 2007?

Thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear manoj,

You are right. My second question <b>Date interval</b> refers to data display between two dates.

Eg(as u mentioned): Between 01/02/2007 to 01/08/2007.

I hope that now you can help me.

Thanx and regards,

Chan

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Okay...so in your Query designer open the query that you want to modify. Create a new selection, choose the char, choose value range, and select the fromDate variable and toDate variable that you have created.This should return the data that you expect.

Hope you get the idea.

Regards,

Manoj

Message was edited by:

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok .. Let me be very clear .. I think I confused you.

As you mentioned I have done every thing in query level.

I have created a query with a variable which is an interval based variable(date).

When I execute the query it asks for the dates to display the inbetween data.

I gave the inputs and the data is displayed properly.( So far what I have mentioned is all in Query designer).

In VC, I have used this query and it is having two ports named INPUT and VARIABLE. I know that I need to give input in variables. I selected the calander month variable from the list to display. After this I deployed the model. In the output screen the table is displayed and 1 text box is also available for the date input. I know that here I have to give date with same format as in Query designer output. I tried so many ways to give input by even selecting some other options like date picker but it is giving the following error - <b>Variable expects interval values; enter an interval.</b>

The date format which I m using in Query is "MM.YYYY" and I m using the same format in VC too.

Now I hope that u can understand better.

I want to know is there any other way through which this can enter interval value or what mistake I m doing in the above explained scenario?

Regards,

Chan

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chan

Okay..I get it now.

Heres a for you to solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj,

Thank you for giving me the right link and once again thanx for ur timing help.

Regards,

Chan

Points Awarded

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chan

You're welcome! Good luck.

Manoj

Answers (0)