cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When To Use Inbound and Outbound Interfaces?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use an Inbound message type when i am receiving some data and outbound message type when i push data out of the XI box??Is this correct..

And how to decide when to use a Inbound and Outbound Interface?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barik,

<b>I use an Inbound message type when i am receiving some data and outbound message type when i push data out of the XI box??Is this correct..</b>

WRONG!!!

outbound message->XI->Inbound message...

(sender system)->XI->(reciever system)

remeber: when u r sending some data to XI u send it using outbound interface.

and when u r sending some data from Xi to other system u use inbound interface...

Hope ur doubt is clear!!

regards

BILL

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

These terms Outbound and Inbound are not referred from the XI perspective but from the other SAP/NON-SAP/Third Party system perspective.

In case of Sender -

> XI it is Outbound message from the sender so we have an Outbound Message Interface to receive this messages.

In case of XI -

> Receiver it is an Inbound Message to the receiver so we have an Inbound Message Interface to send this messages.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..it was a good explanation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

The Ans of "<i><b>And how to decide when to use a Inbound and Outbound Interface?</b></i>" this question is:

Every time whenever you have sourec fields you will be having target fields. So in simple words, whatever you are going to get/pick from source system into XI as source will act as inbound and whatever the receiver system is going to receive from XI will act as Outbound.

So there is no confusion to decide inbound and outbound interface.

Regards,

Sarvesh

***Reward Points, if found helpful.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjik,

messages are allways going from outbound to inbound interface. So, at XI do you copple at least 2 systems/messages, where you need both an outbound for sender and an inbond interface for receiver.

Regards,

Udo

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Sender -

> XI : is Outbound Interface.

XI -

>Receiver : is Inbound Interface.

Regards

San

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arijit,

Its other way around. Whenever XI receives data its Outbound Interface and when it sends its Inbound interface.

raj.