cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf table column mix up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am creating a pdf table using the output from another Transaction.

When I look at this transaction output in QueryTemplate it looks fine, but my PDF table gets all the columns mixed up, though it does get the headers in the right place.

eg.

H1 H2 H3

a1 a2 a3

b1 b2 b3

is coming out as

H1 H2 H3

a2 a1 a3

b2 b1 b3

It does seem to be consistently wrong down the table.

I also tried using an XML document as the input, and it was a bit of a disaster, with rows getting jumbled and fields all over the place. I can expand on this if you want me to.

Has anyone else had similar problems with this Action?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Nick,

How did you acquire the action blocks? Since they are unsupported you may have older classes.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Can you please post up the version of xMII, Java, Windows, Windows Service Packs, etc...

Maybe we can try to replicate the problem.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

xMII = 11.5

My PC:

Java = 1.6.0_02

Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 2

(Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1.2600)

Server :

Windows 2003 SP1

(Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1.2600)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

I just ran a test on mine and it worked fine. Sam is on to something with determining if you have old action blocks.

Also, the server environment for xMII needs to be on Java 1.4.2

And the client environment hasnt' been tested in Java 1.6....only up to 1.5

Try getting the correct version of java going and clearing the cache and trying it again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alin

We followed the instructions in the xMII installation guide, which asks you to install version 1.2.3 of iText.jar. Should I try it with the latest version (2.0.5)?

We are running java 1.4.2_06 (build b03) on the server.

0 Kudos

Nick,

What is the creation & modified dates on the PDFActions.jar file?

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two instances on my server in the following folders

D:\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\Lighthammer\CMSLogicEditor

D:\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\Lighthammer\WEB-INF\lib

But it seems to be exactly the same file, created 28/06/2007, modified 28/02/2007, size 56.3K (57,726 bytes)

Thanks to all for your continued efforts!

0 Kudos

Nick,

I just looked at my PDFAction.jar file and found it to be exactly the same size but with a different created date. I created a test transaction in an attempt to replicate your issue but was not able to. My suggestion here is to delete the Java Web Start Cache on your client and then to reattempt the transaction. If this fails then create an anonymous email account and post it onto this thread. I will send you the PDFAction.jar file that I'm using and you can retry to see of this is what was causing your issue.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

as I can recall you need minimum Java SDK 1.4.2_07 on your server.

Ciao

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

All

Thanks for your help on this one, I tried to give you all a couple of points, but it wouldn't let me. Hey-ho.

Turns out it was probably my fault all along. Although the output from my original transaction looked OK in Query Template, when I looked at the XML what was being displayed was what was in the xml, ie columns in each row in a different order to the header definitions. I moved the links around in my original "Row" action to match the "Document" configuration and everything now works fine.

Obviously the PDF Table action isn't as advanced as the xacute query object.

Thanks Again

Nick