cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish WSDL as URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you please help me with the following?

An external system needs to call the Xi 3.0 via SOAP Adapter. Therefore I create a communication channel type "Sender" of adapter type "SOAP".

With tools -> define Webservice in the Integration Builder I can create a WSDL file and download it.

Now I can upload it to the external system to create the webservice client. But actually it is not recommended to do so as WSDLs can change. Therefore I look for a way (best practice) to expose this WSDL as URL instead of just downloading it.

Can you please advise how to do so?

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Gunnar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gunnar,

At this point XI doesn't provide a means to provide wsdl support. you will have to generate one and publish it to either the local UDDI available on the WAS or put it into some share folder on the webserver.

But in the near future PI will have the ability to generate wsdl like the Webservices Navigator avalable on WAS.

Cheers,

Naveen

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gunnar ,

<i> With tools -> define Webservice in the Integration Builder I can create a WSDL file and download it.</i>

Yes. Your right . Now Have you tested with Altova XML Spy or any other SOAP client ?

If it works fine . Then You have register ur WSDL as url in to the local UDDI registry . Then only external applications like java , can able to interact via XI .

Refer the

A step by step guide for Configuring UDDI registry on Local Server

By

Naveen Pandrangi

Regards.,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go through the blogs by Naveen on this topic.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/16/webas-a-step-by-step-guide-for-configuring-uddi-registry-on-local-server

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-how-to-publish-wsdl-generated-from-xi-to-uddi

But, PI7.0 does not provide you a very good UDDI features. You may have to wait for PI 7.1 release which promises more on this direction.

Regards,

Jai Shankar