cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports disappear from Import queue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have just installed a DEV, QA and Production SCM 5.0 SR2 instance on WIndows 2003 64 Bit and MS SQL 2000.

I've setup TMS as a standard 3 tier landscape with DEV as domain controller, when I create a transport in DEV, everything looks ok, its target is our QA instance, the transport releases ok.

When I go into STMS and hit import overview, then refresh, it shows one transport for the QA queue, when I double click the queue, the queue is then empty, so the transport has gone from the import queue on QA?

The data and cofiles exists in \usr\sap\trans\, i've done extras --> add to buffer, this works, but when I refresh the screen, the transport disappears again?

I've done an OS TP addtobuffer which works, then I look at the <QA SID> file in C:\usr\sap\trans\buffer and it shows the transport in the buffer :

/0/DEVK900006 K700 FORSSP

Transport is called DEVK900006

When I go back into IMPORT Overview on STMS it shows the DEV, QA, PRD queues, with 1 transport in QA queue, when I double click the queue, it says queue is empty? so transport has disappeared, when I look at the buffer file again :

#1/_TASK CLITRELESAPUSER EXL W H A I U C M 0 V R G < K R3 R4 R5 umodes ASCL2007100412524400000000PROJECT P1234

#A

1. buffer cleaned on 20071004125244

it says the buffer has just been cleaned?

All the TP checks work ok, everything looks fine, just something is cleaning the buffer whenever I look at the import queues?

Anyone seen this before? any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi ecnirp,

Please check this OSS note 814639. This should solve the issue.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

Thanks, OSS note 814639 explained the problem.

The groups were not set in QA or PRD, the reason is when we installed the landscape, DEV was a Proof of concept system being used by the project, so we are rebuilding that last. We built QA & PRD and had them as domain controllers for their own system, so we could import SPAM, Languages etc, then I rebuilt DEV, deleted all the TMS, then made DEV domain controller and added QA and Prod, but this seems not to have added them to the DEV group.

Paul.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ecnirp,

When you get into the QA transport queue... click on the refresh button at the top...

Also try adding the transport manually by clicking ... Extras -> Other requests -> Add

Regards

Juan