cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to import oracle 9.2 data to oracle 10.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

part of the upgrade project i am facing this problem.

I have taken DBEXPORT from 4.6C(EXT kernel),oracle 9.2.7 and the same i want to import it on 4.6C,oracle10.2.2.(already 4.6C on oracle 10.2.2 is there on another system)

when i try to import through DBRELOAD it's showing list of supported database versions as Oracle 8.1.7 and oracle 9.2 only. it's not showing oracle 10.2 (both in DBRELOAD as well DBMIG).

I want to import the oracle 9.2 databse into existing 10.2 datbase.

how to proceed on this.. kindly help me on this

Thanks & regards

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the Oracle Inventory File and add the 10g version in that, if not exist already.

Regards

Prabakaran.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subrahmanyam

It could be, that you have the wrong Installation CD. I think you should take the

51032143_9 Insstallation_Master_6.20_6.40_09_06

./sapinst
  SAP Netweaver, System Copy, ABAP System, Oracle, Non-Unicode, Database Instance Installation 
  Installation Method: Standard System Copy / Migration using Reload (R3load-Based)

The procedure is outlined in the system copy guide and also applies to 4.6C:

Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems based on SAP Web AS ABAP 6.40 Patch Collection

Regards

Michael

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He´s not trying to use R3load but database specific export/import method. As far as I know this is not supported. Additionally an upgrade from 8.x to 10.2 is not recommended since it can´t be reverted back.

I suggest you upgrade the source system to 9.2 and then use combinde upgrade/system copy as described in note 932722 - Upgrade to Oracle 10.2 during a database copy.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have raised the same question, that if I want to do the import with the same version of oracle, how can I carry the procedure. I have exported the database, through GUI-- Newinst--> Export Database...( 4th option of the main installation)

Export is done. Created some 9 folder adn 1 LABEL.ASC file..

Now as suggested by you in my thread of " Export/import" I am trying to import with the option u suggested( standard install..and then 2 option of System Copy/Migration". But after following all that, when the installation is asking for " Migration CD. LABEL.ASC, I have given what was exported. But gives the error.SAying DBSIZE.XML could find in ORA folder. When checked the export folders, there is only 1 DBSIZE.XML folder, that to ADA folder....

Please suggest??

Regards

Prash

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you choose "Oracle" during export as target database?

--

Markus