cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB DYNPRO FOR ABAP OR BSP OR WD FOR JAVA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We have some bussiness reports, and we have to replace the standard GUI with web; for web dynpro of java, I think we have to first put the business code of reports to some kind of RFC and then call the rfc and etc....

is there something more straight in web dnypro for abap or if we use BSP ( i know bsp uses only object oriented , so if report has non-object functionaity, it will not be supported in bsp ) ? right

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Shah,

I believe you have in fact four alternatives:

1. WDJ: there must be BAPIs (RFC) in order to communicate with your backend server.

2. WDA: More straightforward, it allows you to use ABAP Objects, and don't need RFCs.

3. BSP: In my opinion, less powerfull than WDA, but it allows much more customization (such as adding javascript to your HTML, and so on).

4. Visual Composer: If you have the RFCs, this can be very easy to implement.

Anyway, it all depends on the complexity of your reports and the services you have at hand. If you have RFCs, you can use any of the four; if you don't, you have to choose between 2 and 3.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your respone, but the thing is the reports are in abap and not abap oo written, so for option 2 and 3 given by you, we have to alter the code or ?

Secondly, in reports the select-option has been used, in WDA or in BSP can one make select-opton or ALV Grid

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Shah, it'll need to be rewritten, in any of the scenarios, and the OOP part is inherent to WDA or BSP. But the logic your report does doesn't need to be rewritten in OOP... you can use it, maybe with minor necessary modifications.

I don't know in BSP, but in WDA you have both <a href="/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/12/21/webdynpro-abap-alv">ALV</a> and <a href="/people/rich.heilman2/blog/2005/12/20/using-select-options-in-a-web-dynproabap-application">Select-options</a>.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah!

You can reuse your reports as they are. What you have to do is to encapsulate your report submit in a function module that gets back the list from the report in HTML format. This function module has to be called by your BSP or WDA or WDJ application.

There are SAP functions you can use to achieve this. As far as I remember most (or all) of them begin with www_* (they are old relicts from ITS/WebReporting times). If you need it more clearar I'd have to look in our system ...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Volker