cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing the SRM-MDM catalog. In this, I have deployed the java api file and MDM search ui file on web server 7.0.

for checking the sca file wheather Those have been deployed successfully or not, I am using the link below:

http://ntbomsap04.india.capgemini.com:50100/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~mdmsrmui/MDM_SRM_UI_App

here I am able to connect with MDM server but when I try to login into SRM-MDM repository with user as "Master", it is giving me the error as "500 Internal server error"

what should I do to resolve this?

any help will appreciate...

Thanks,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh,

First of all the user which ur specifying must have Catalog Manager,Catalog Content Approver,Catalog user,UI Configuration Manager this user shud have these roles assgined to him.

For config UI http://J2EEServer:PortNo/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

And regarding ur search UI u need to send certain parametres with the config UI url

http://J2EEServer:PortNo/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM?sap-locale=EN&HOOK_URL=&mask=&namedSearch=&username=Admin&p...

In this url in username u need to specify the username with those roles and the password then u need to specify the catalog name and the MDM server IP address

I hope this works for u

Regards Tejas...............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thanks for reply!!!

I have checked for the user for all roles.that was perfact in repository.

the link given by you, I am able to see the SRM-MDM Catalog but I want to go for configuration window where I can do the OCI mapping according to the user requirement.

Please suggect me what else should I do?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh,

As u said u are able to see SRM MDM catalog ie the search UI but u are unable to see Config UI

I assume that u have already deployed the SRM-MDM Catalog UI sca file on the J2EE server.

If u have deployed then u shud be able to see Config UI wherei u can do all the OCI mappings according to the user requirement.

Just try it out the link for Config UI http://J2EEServer:PortNo/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

If it gives error lemme know ........

Regards Tejas.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

the link given by you for config UI as http://J2EEServer:PortNo/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM.

I have tried for the same But its not working fine.

Its showing me the window and asking the usr and pwd but it is not logging in.

As I mentioned earliar the link as

http://J2EEServer:PortNo/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~mdmsrmui/MDM_SRM_UI_App

By this link I am able to find the correct window and here I am able to connect with mdm server but when i login to repository by choosing correct repo with the user as Master, I am getting the error as "Internal server error"

try it out, I think you will come to know.

Any other suggetion will be appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh,

In config UI u got to specify the MDM server ie its IP Address and the Password for MDM server

Then as it connects click on the repository that u want and fill in the user name and password

If that master user is not working then try it out with some other user who is having all the catalog roles.After entering these it shud give u the config UI.

I guess this shud do

Regards Tejas.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello tejas,

That is exactly I have done but after selecting repository and give user assigned role as UI config manager and pwd, I am getting the below error:

<b>500 Internal Server Error

SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.00/Java AS 7.00

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator.

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.mdm.security.RoleProperties.getId()I

at com.sap.mdm.ws.utils.MdmRepositoryCommandUtils.getUserList(MdmRepositoryCommandUtils.java:103)

at com.sap.mdm.ws.queryengine.Model.getUsers(Model.java:2170)

at com.sap.mdm.ui.master.Master.isUIConfigManagers(Master.java:720)

at com.sap.mdm.ui.master.wdp.InternalMaster.isUIConfigManagers(InternalMaster.java:397)

at com.sap.mdm.ui.master.LoginView.onActionlogin(LoginView.java:273)

... 30 more

See full exception chain for details.</b>

I have deployed the sca file name as <b>MDMJAVAAPI05_1.sca</b> and <b>SRMMDMCAT00_1.sca</b>. I am using MDM server 5.5 sp5 version.

is there any thing wrong with these file version?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

No there is nothing wrong with the file versions. But do check this blog submitted by Vijaysarathy -

>>> <a href="/people/vijayasarathy.raghunathan/blog/2007/09/05/previewing-srm-mdm-catalog-20 Catalog 2.0</a>

Just check wether ur code is proper coz when ur passing the username and password parameters it cannot find the specified method ie. getid()

I feel u shud check ur JAVAAPI and SRMMDMCAT sca files wether any code has been changed.

Error as u said :-

at com.sap.mdm.ws.utils.MdmRepositoryCommandUtils.getUserList(MdmRepositoryCommandUtils.java:103)

U can unzip the JAVA API file and in that u ll find COM folder -->SAP >MDM>ws-->in that uder the utils namespace u will find MdmRepositoryCommandUtils class and in that there shud be getUserList method and in that method on line no 103 there is some problem. I think u shud check ur code

Maybe some changes need to be done in that specified method.

Regards Tejas .................

Former Member
0 Kudos

And one more thing in which order have deployed the sca files coz that matters.

SAP recommends to deploy those sca in a specific order ie. SRMMDMCAT00_1.sca

MDMJAVAAPI05_1.sca

Then the

WebUI sca file

Regards Tejas...............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thanks a lot for your help.But I want to know one thing. I have deployed only SRMMDMCAT00_1.sca and MDMJAVAAPI05_1.sca file. wat about WebUI sca file as you mentioned? I have not deployed this.

Please let me know, might be my problem get solve.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello saurabh,

Dis MDM Web UI file that is the sca file does comes with the whole package.

I feel u deploy dis sca file MDM_WEB_UI_551.sca and then see if the error comes.

Just try it out......

Regards Tejas...................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh,

regarding the order in which the sca files need to be deployed dis is the right order eariler there was some mistake.

This is d right order

Please use the SDM (Software Deployment Manager) of your SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java installation for deploying the following files in the listed order:

sca file with API and connector

MDMJAVAAPI05_2.sca

sca file for search and configuration UI

SRMMDMCAT00_0.sca

Regards Tejas................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

My problem is still not solved.Could you please send me the file mentioned by you as <b>MDMJAVAAPI05_1.sca and MDM_WEB_UI_551.sca</b>.

I have downloaded the business content but I have the older java API file as MDMJAVAAPI04_0.sca

I have already MDMJAVAAPI05_1.sca file but might be corrupted and also where I have to deploy the required third file MDM_WEB_UI_551.sca.

could you please send these file on my mail id as "saurabh.scjp@yahoo.co.in" or from where I can download these file?

Thanks a lot!!!

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey man,

The Web UI that I am talking about that also needs to be deployed on the J2EE Server.

Regards Tejas..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the port number that you gave by SRM Server side is the same as in the MDM Console.

Sometimes when you restart the MDM server for any reason the system give a new port number by the console side.

Good luck,

NL

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What was the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

The wrong sca file was deployed as per the MDM Server Version.

If you are facing the similar issue then check for the sca files which you have deployed on webserver.

These must be compatible with the current MDM Server version which you are using for the catalog.

TNR,

Saurabh...