cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Workflow logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the TMS workflow. I have most of it configured. But i'm wondering is there a way to match the import history in stms with all the workflow items in so01.

So i can produce a report showing which tms administrator authorised the transports, the clients and times they were transported.

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim and Mikko,

I'm have the same problem.

The only way that I found to keep track on the TR import times, is to build a Z table and update that using some kind of exit. This because sometimes I could do a direct transport instead of apply a transport proposal, and I will use BW to analyze.

I found a BADI CTS_IMPORT_FEEDBACK to do so, but this really doesn't work for me, because there is no call to the exit method in the standard transport program. I've been looking if i have to apply a oss note.

Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks you in advance,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this helps...

But i ended up creating a test join between the tables ctwfrequst and ctwpropos. This givens the transport proposal form numbers and the actual transport number.

You could then use excel to match the data up with the import history.

rgds

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you so much, that helped me!

Now, I don't know if my new problem happens to you.

I had configured the Workflow Engine on production. So, anytime when a developer want to see his/her proposal from development system, the system ask for connection (user and password) to production. I dont know if the RFC connections is well configured.

Thanks you a lot,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Just on that other info i sent you....i've noticed a flaw in it. If like me the developer sends the proposal form to qa for approval and then after that it is then sent to production but at the production a different group of people approve it. The tables show the last approver it does not show who approved it at QA stage.

On the RFC ... I get the same problem...My RFC in DEV,QA and Production all look the same...I'll keep looking.

I did have one other question...

In our environment...developers develope in 3 different clients and then forward to different clients in QA.

The TMSADministratot does all approving from DEV. But is it possible to log onto one client and few all requests from all clients in DEV through SO01.

Thanks

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I realized about the tables that you told me. I'll keep my first option with the BADI, and wait to apply last support package on basis to see if appear the badi call.

No new comments about RFC connection.

If the WF Engine is configured on DEV, you could only use SO01 on that system to approve all proposal (supossing that all the transport domains points to it). But, you could use STMS -> Worklist from all the clients (with the RFC problem that we have).

Another solution that I found is to enable SMTP configuration on the system where the WF is configured and use a job to execute program RSWUWFML2. That program sends you all the pending workitems to process through email (you still need to log on every time you approve by this way).

Thanks you,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I didn't quite understand how you'd like to match the import history to the workflow items.. What you can do is to put in the transport request/proposal object as a work item attachment or display the import history log as a separate workflow step.

Producing the report is however something you need to build yourself. There are two options you can use here:

1. Custom table and reports

- create a new table

- update the table from each workflow by adding in separate steps/tasks which do the update task based on the workflow container values

- build the reports on top of the table

2. Workflow Information System (part of LIS)

- first configure WIS basic config

- create a transfer structure which includes the characteristics (client, approver, times) you need to include from your workflow

- put in some code in a user exit to fill your transfer structure from the workflow statistics

- voilá, the data is ready to be reported in WIS

I personally prefer using option one because it gives you more flexibility for reporting and you can also use it for BW reporting.

Hope this helps,

Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mikko,

I was hoping there was a simpler solution. Ideally I was hoping there was a table that allready existed that contained workflow item, client, approver, time etc....I could then put the contents of this table to excel. I could do the same from the stms import history and then create the reports i needed in excel.

I'll have to research how to create the table you describe.

Thanks again.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

please disregard my previous mail, I had a second look at the tables and found a better solution to both of my suggestions

Tables SWWWIHEAD (work item header info) and SWW_CONT (container element contents) contain all the information you need. You just first have to select all the items from swwwihead which are relevant to your workflow and then display the corresponding container elements for them. That is, if you have them maintained in your workflow template.

Hope this helps even more

-Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikko,

I had a look at those tables, they give everything except the transport numbers that are actually attached to the proposal.

I also had a look at CTWFPROPOS....this table seems to give what i'm looking for but once again except the transport numbers.

I'll keep looking....

thanks

Jim