cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logistics Controlling LIS Authorizations for Storage Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to limit the display authorizations in LC LIS reports based on storage location. The authorization objects are M_IS_* pattern.

There are authorization objects for material type, material group and plant but nothing on storage location.

If someone has done this before, Is there an alternate way to acheive this?

Regards,

Ahsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahsan,

First of all please specify which transaction are you talking about ?

regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Juan M_MSEG_LGO isnt in checked in the LC LIS reports

I am talking about LIS reports in Logistical Controlling. Tcode MC.x (mc.1, mc.2...)

I am using su22 to check what authorizations each report is using.

I thinking if its possible to include a new authorization object in a report through SU22. But I am not sure if that would work. Has any one done that before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahsan,

Just adding the authorization object in Su22 or Su24 won't help. You will need to change ABAP code and introduce authorization check for the new authority object.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the method of introducing authorization checks using ABAP code in exits. I was just curious about the purpose of allowing authorization object addition through SU22.

What exactly is acheived by adding an authorization object to a report in SU22?

And my original question remains, is there any way to restrict data display based on storage location in LC LIS reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahsan,

Addition in SU22 in not for introducing authorization checks. It is misconception. All it does is the following:

For example you add auth object X for as transaction Y in Su22/SU24 . Now if you add transaction Y to a role in PFCG then authorization object X will be added by default in the role. For standard transactions SAP has maintained Su22/SU24 customizing on basis of ABAP code so that whenever you add a transaction to a role its correspnding authorization checks are added automatically to a role and you dont to take pains of finding them out. In case of custom built transactions also you can follow the approach used by SAP. SU22/SU24 is for easing role adminsitration ands not introducing authority checks !!

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit...

My brain is sore after that.... hehehe

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Hope my explanation didnot cause that ) I guess it is because we are repeating the same thing over and over again.

My fingers are sore as well after all this typing )

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahsan,

I think the Auth Object for storage location is M_MSEG_LGO,

It's worthy to give it a try..

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful