cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping to dublicate segments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My scenario File to IDoc. I am doing the mapping from Flat file to Idoc. whenever I imported Idoc in Message mappin i am finding the dublicated segments with the same name. Whether I have to map for all the segments ? If yes which one I have to map to which segment.

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anjaneya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjaneya

while mapping you have to map with only that fields that you want in the target. and all the mandatory fields that are in red you can map it with constant.

if again you have any doubt please reply back

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have imported the IDOC from SAP if you expand the nodes you can see which all segments are mandatory(appears in Red color).

Accordingly you can map the corresponding fields.

If you are finding duplicate segments then it means that certain set of data or records can be repeated within the IDOC.

Before doing the mapping you should be certain about what all data in source side(Flat file) has to be mapped to destination side(IDOC) based on requirement.

Thanks,

Lekshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjaneya,

Which IDOC you have imported?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It is a customized Idoc for the Orders. It is having the segments with the same name.

Regards,

Anjaneya

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjaneya,

In the IDoc all the segment will have a node SEGMENT which is a mandatory one. Map this node to a constant. Note this node is not a duplicate one.

Is this what u are looking for....

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anjaneya,

it all depends upon business rules or mapping rules, so first of make sure if you have to map only one segment or not.

If you have to map only one segment, then just map with any one, since they are duplicate and disable the other one by right click on segment and chose disable.

Note: Make your requirement very clear, mapping is not a problem (map to any segment).

Regards,

Sarvesh

****Reward points, if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should only map the segment once and have the segment flag on receiving side as mulitple/unbounded