Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE -> MS-ACCESS (WITH OUT DSN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reopening the issues posted y'day.

Have already gone theough the blog <b>2590</b>

I have a scenario where i have to connect to ms-access database. <b>(DSN LESS)</b>

There is no error with in the scenario. All the pipeline steps do exectue apart 4rm the last one.

Get the following System error in the audit log

Attempt to establish database connection failed with SQL error Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C://TestDB.mdb': SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] <b>Data source name not found and no default driver specified</b>

Exception caught by adapter framework: null

I have also check with DBQ=//<ipaddress>/TestDB.mdb

Still no luck with it. Why is it that it is seraching for a DSN as the scenario happens to be DSN LESS. ???????

Any further inputs are most welcome.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Did you check with the other driver i suggested yesterday.I feel XI is not able to trace this jdbc.odbc.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah gng through it.

But still doesn't answer the fundamental question why it is looking for SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] <b>Data source name not found and no default driver specified'</b> ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this too...I hope you have a JDK installed and check whether this jar of ours jdbc.odbc is of the same version as that of the JDK.

Thanks

Former Member

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Resolved the issue.

It was a simple thing.

The access database was created on client machine and then copied to the shared folder on the PI SEVER.

But the real issue was somewhere else and everyone missed it. As MS-OFFICE was not installed on that particular server so Access drivers wasn't available.

Thanks for all the inputs. Points rewared.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*<b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

jus give a try with this once ..

i did wth Ms access scenario wth following connection parameters

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=\path of file\abc.mdb

Sorry u were already using those parameters i missed that,

anyway those driver problem might b some network related problem (jus a guess)

theres one HXTT Access is such a type 4 driver at http://www.hxtt.net/en/software/access/document.html . i found at sdn, u can try this also

thanks

pratibha