Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound IDOC to XML

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

How outbound idoc is converted into XML data without sender idoc adapter.

For example IDOC to FILE scenario.

i know that IDOC adapter is residing on IE.

which componemt is converting it to XML.

regards

sreeni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kancham,

<b> i got ur point.U r already aware that for IDOC we need not require any communication channel and sender agreement.i.e we dont use the IDoc adapter.This is becoz Idoc adpater is in ABAP stack...

so how the Idoc structure idata is transformed into XML.right???</b>

I guess Idoc adapter is used internally though we dont define it in CC.idoc metdata is needed in the xi system, beacuse xi server doesnt have the standard idoc structure. we import the metadata from the r/3 system using the transaction IDX2.

an idoc adapter receives an idoc from an r/3 system and converts that idoc into an xml idoc structure.

that means IDoc (Intermediate Document) metadata comprises structures for the corresponding IDoc types that are required by the IDoc adapter to convert these IDocs to IDoc XML format and the other way around.

u can have a look here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8a/b8b13bb3ace769e10000000a11402f/content.htm

regards

BILL

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDOC adapter resides on Integration server, so Integration engine takes care of the conversion format from IDOC to XML, hence there is no need configure the sender Adapter .Also since its resides on Integration server you can directly post the message in the Integration engine..

Hope it helps..

Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the process flow topic in this link. It clears your doubt.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b9/c5b13bbeb0cb37e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

IDoc adapter if you want to use the Integration Server to process IDocs. The IDoc adapter converts the IDocs to IDoc XML format so that they can be processed by the Integration Server pipeline.

Message interface, sender agreement, & sender communication is not required when Idoc is directly triggered from sender system to XI.

Thanks !!!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The module processor of the Idoc adapter does the conversion from Idoc to xml. At outbound side, the sender agreement is not required. But the data is passed through the Idoc adapter in this case also. So same procedure is followed at both the end

Regards,

Prateek