Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically construct Target/Source Directory in File Adapter

former_member210730
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to Dynamically construct target/Source Directory in File Adapter? If yes can anyone plz provide details about the same.

regards

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member210730
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Target directory is fine but what about soruce directory?

regards

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinay,

have a look @ these threads..u may get some help!!

Regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the option Advance selection for source files in this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Sudheer.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

U can use the advance selection option.

Check my wiki.. <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SingleSenderFileCC4MultipleDirectories">Single Sender File CC 4 Multiple Directories</a>

Regars

San

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Why you want to create source directory dynamically? It is logicaly not the correct question. XI will pick the file from the specified directory.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

former_member210730
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thankx for ur replies. What i am looking for is constructing the directory dynamically not the filename.

for eg: I am moving payslips from SAP ECC6.0 system to a 3rd party Java Application which functions as a ESS tool. For every month i need to put the payslips in the particular months folder and this as of now is done manually.

The path structure as of now is /oracle/CP1/2007/09/abc.html and everytime i need to change the month. so for September its 09 and for October it becomes 10.

can i get rid of this by any ways.

regards

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Target directory can be dynamic using variable substitution. Refer to the link i have given above.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinay,

yes its possible....

check these two blogs..

Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii

regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Dont think itz possible in Sender File Adapter.

In Receiver file adapter you can do the same.

Search in sdn -- " Dynamic File Directory " . You will get lotz of useful links.

Regards,

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Khetawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use variable substitution. Check

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards,

Sudheer.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the receiver communicatio channel for file adapter, there is an option "Create Target Directory". It will automatically create the folder on the server specified.

At the source side, there is no logical reason for creating a file. XI pickes up the file from the location specified.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only logical thing for creating the directory on sender side is for the purpose of Archiving which can be achieved by using the " Processing Mode " as " Archive ".

I never tried creating it dynamically but seems to be a good exercise.

Poll the file & then archive it in a folder with name as <ddmmhhss>.

Regards

Lalit