cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pass data from PDF to WD application as check box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am using an interactive adobe form in a WD application. In the form I have four check boxes. and based on selection of check boxes i need to execute RFC (exporting selections). Now problem is that I have binded context to checkboxes as boolean and in the binding tab of checkboxes I made on/ off value as <b>true</b> and <b>false.</b> and in the application when i am selecting one option it should contain value<b> true</b> but in the debugging its showing false.

though i am checking it as checkbox value is not being passed to WD application.

Any suggestion is appreciated

Regards

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish

I am explaning my simple test application. I have simple 2 views. In view 1st I have one interactive form in which i have one check box and one submit button.

I had already changed on/off values to 1/0. and checkbox context is attached to an integer context . then i am trrying to pass value context attached to check box in other view through context mapping. but in other view its again showing 0 only .

I have done bindings properly .I have tried to change value property of checkbox to

Calculated-User can override from user entered . but no success.

Regards

Abhay

Message was edited by:

abhay singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Krish

thanks for valuable response , now i have taken an interger context and bind it to check box, but still context always stores <b>0</b> irrespective of condition whether I have checked or not. which in turn means that i am not able to confirm checked condition of an check box in from.

Regards

Abhay

krishanu_biswas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abhay,

You mentioned in the beginig that you changed the binding of chekbox (on/off) value to true/false. Change that back to 1/0 in the binding tab again.

On Value = 1

Off Value = 0

I hope you have done that already. The next step would be to check the context binding and your application code to make sure that somehow there is no unintentional mistake there.

Best Regards,

Krish

krishanu_biswas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abhay,

Adobe defaults the checkbox values as "1/0" (int). But Web Dynpro understands "true/false" (boolean). So, you will have to do some manual task to accomodate this in your code. If the value is 1, it should be treated as "true" in Web Dynpro and vice versa.

In the future releases of the Designer this disparity will be taken care of.

Best Regards,

Krish