Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Shipping point Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.........

Generally SAP provided a combination of

(<b>Sold-to-Party</b> + (Shipping condition + Loading group + Delivery plant)) to determine shipping point. But I need to replace <b>Sold-to-Party</b> with<b> Ship-to-party</b>.

How can I achieve this....... Do I need to use User exit OR to change any settings ?

<b>Helpful answers will be rewarded.</b>

Thanks and regards,

V.Raghavender.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavender,

Shipping point determination includes - Shipping conditionsLoading groupPlant+proposed shipping point.

Here nowhere sold toparty or ship to party is been assigned.

As U know, shipping condiktions are picked from the CMR.

For ur purpose, just check with the below.

Create a CMR with Ship to party account group.

Create a CMR with Sold to party account group. assign the ship to party customer no. in partner functions of sold to party CMR.

Maintain different shipping conditions in both.

Check with the shipping point determination. check from which record the shipping conditions are picked.

I am not sure, but check it once.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen/Siva,

I know that combination of these "Shipping conditionsLoading groupPlant"

determines shipping point.As u told Shipping Condition is picked from Sold-to-party CMR,

instead I need it to Ship-to-Party CMR.

<b>Hope now u understand my problem.</b><b>

In this scenario Sold-to-party and ship-to-party are different.</b>

How can I achieve this....... Do I need to use User exit OR to change any settings ?

Thanks and Regards,

V.Raghavender.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghavendra,

can u please eloborate ....what is the actual scenario/ requirment with ur client?

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raghavendra,

even though u know abt shipping point determination, let me make it very clear to u once again. Shipping point is determined by the combinations of the following:

Shipping conditions from the customer master record of sold 2 party; loading group from the material master record of the particular material and finally the delivering plant which is either obtained from customer mat info record or ship 2 party master record or the material master.

imp point to note: 'the shipping conditions are determined at the item level.'

ur question if iam right is that u want 2 make it from ship 2 party master record rather than the usual procedure of sold 2 party.

but that would be a totally wrong concept. every transaction in SAP has got practical significance.ship2 party is considered while determing plant which serves ur purpose. But shipping conditions has 2 be taken from either sold 2 party master record or the shipping coditions from the sales document. this is becoz the tems and conditions fo delivery everything is always bought into an agreement with SP and never ever ship 2 party in an actual practical business scenario.

hope this will clear ur doubt.

plz reward points if u find the answer 2 be useful.

thanks and regards

abhilash

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raghavendar,

I think It will work if u craete Ship to Party CMR...Assign the same SH to SP CMR..

+

Loading Grp (mmr) + Plant (Sales Order line item)

Make sure that you have assigned shipping point to plant in enetrprsie Str..

REWArd if u FINDS THIS AS USEFUL...

Regds

MM

former_member227476
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear raghavender

as per my knowledge shipping point determination will done through

a) shipping conditions from Customer Master – Ship to Party or Sales document Header

b) Loading Group from Material Master

c) Delivering Plant of line item will propose shipping point.

rewards if it helps

siva